Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
estrelas
David
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Whose still left, isn’t it just Close, Colman & Seyfried and throw a dart for 4-5 right now.

To be honest I think even if Pieces of a Woman is too divisive and the older members don’t vote for Kirby that they’ll name check Burstyn. She’d be one of the oldest nominees ever and she’s well respected enough to get a name-check in an empty.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Burstyn needs Kirby, not the other way around.

Mare Winningham got nominated over Jennifer Jason Leigh so it’s not entire implausible that Burstyn gets in without Kirby.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

. Fiona Shaw, Ammonite 9. Toni Collette, I’m Thinking of Ending Things 10. Olivia Williams, The Father

I doubt Collette is ahead of Williams. I’m Thinking of Ending Things doesn’t seem like something the Academy will go for outside of maybe Adapted Screenplay, Hair and Makeup and/or Cinematography.

Then again who knows?

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    musicreloaded
    Topics:

CLOSE. Finally.

Who could imagine Amanda competing against living legends like Close and Burstyn at the OSCARS??

Poor Lindsay.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Current predictions:

1. Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy

2. Amanda Seyfried, Mank

3. Olivia Colman, The Father

4. Ellen Burstyn, Pieces of a Woman

5. Helena Zengel, News of the World

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Do you think Fiona Shaw can happen instead of Saoirse?

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Really doubt it, but I also don’t think either has much of a chance.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel like we’re headed for a lineup of Close, Colman, Seyfried and Burstyn and the question is whether Collins or Wiliams will coattail. At the moment I’m getting on the former.

Profile picture
    Diogo Duarte
    Topics:

I still think Mary J Blige / Audra McDonald (Respect) and Natasha Lyonne (The Us vs. Billie Holiday) may surprise in January and receive a nomination, especially if Hudson and Andra have also been nominated. this race is not over yet. Burstyn, Lyonne, J Blige, Zengel and Ronan are very dependent of their partners.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I still think Mary J Blige / Audra McDonald (Respect) and Natasha Lyonne (The Us vs. Billie Holiday) may surprise in January and receive a nomination, especially if Hudson and Andra have also been nominated. this race is not over yet. Burstyn, Lyonne, J Blige, Zengel and Ronan are very dependent of their partners.

Yea I agree. I’m betting on Lyonne at the moment and have her as my 4th spot.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I agree about the others, but not Zengel. We’ve seen cases in the past where Tom Hanks was snubbed while his unknown costar got in, like with Barkhad Abdi or Mark Rylance (he was a big name in the theatre community but not at all with film audiences).

Profile picture
    Someonelikeme
    Topics:

I don’t believe Fiona Shaw will happen..

Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

I don’t believe Fiona Shaw will happen..

Ammonite is dead. Move on.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I agree about the others, but not Zengel. We’ve seen cases in the past where Tom Hanks was snubbed while his unknown costar got in, like with Barkhad Abdi or Mark Rylance (he was a big name in the theatre community but not at all with film audiences).

Zengel is more safe than Hanks in my opinion.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Ammonite is dead. Move on.

No, it’s not. This is a weak year and Ammonite reviews aren’t bad.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress’ is closed to new replies.