Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 493 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
estrelas
David
  • Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Olivia Colman is now confirmed as supporting for “The Father” (at least at this stage, although things can change).

Will they Swank her to Bening Close?

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Here are my Predictions for Supporting Actress (October)

1. Close
    2. Colman
    3. Seyfried
    4. Ronan
    5. Zengel

Profile picture
    Disgraced Eve Polastri Stan
    Topics:

The irony being that Being Julia was distributed by Sony Pictures Classics.

Profile picture
    Miss
    Topics:

I wonder how much Sony Pictures Classics’ campaign for Glenn in The Wife will affect their awards strategy for Olivia in The Father? Will they betray her like that?

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I just can’t see Colman beating Close again. Colman’s role in the ‘The Father’ was kinda overshadowed by Hopkins. I’m not saying she won’t get in, but she is a solid 2 or 3 spot at best. Close’s role in Hillbilly Elegy is arguably the showiest role in this category. The question is how will ‘Hillbilly Elegy’ be recieved, because if it flops her chances of winning this year go down significantly, but if people love the film and her performance, then she is a lock for the win.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

4. Ronan

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I just can’t see Burstyn happening considering her role is small from what I heard with a couple of scene stealing monologues. I mean I’m hesitant  on Ronan as well, but I think she’s more likely than Burstyn at this point.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

A supporting role being overshadowed by a lead role from the same film? Sounds natural to me.

What I’m trying to say is I’ve been seeing everybody back Hopkins for a win. Colman has gotten the raves, but not those type of raves that makes her a frontrunner to win if that makes any sense. She’s a lock for a nom in supporting, but I don’t see her winning.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just can’t see Burstyn happening considering her role is small from what I heard with a couple of scene stealing monologues. I mean I’m hesitant on Ronan as well, but I think she’s more likely than Burstyn at this point.

Burstyn is a beloved veteran. A couple of scene stealing monologues and a “showy scene” helps her quite a bit imo. These are the Oscars after all. Performers win Oscars based on scenes alone some times.

Ronan’s film seems to have really bad buzz and her performance has polarising reviews.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Time to return to this craziness!

I always root for Close, but they refuse to give her that moment. It seems they can have her without one single win.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Is Netflix supposed to be a big plus for acting wins?

it’s now certainly a better distributor and campaigner than studios like Sony Pictures

Profile picture
    bellajoe
    Topics:

I’m holding onto Abigail Breslin purely because of the odds, but this has me thinking, do we know anything about Stillwater? Like is it even coming out or will Focus push it to next year? I kind of thought Last Night in SoHo was their (early) vehicle for 2022 but perhaps not.

FYC Oscars 2022:
    Picture: Passing
    Actress: Ruth Negga, Tessa Thompson

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I’m holding onto Abigail Breslin purely because of the odds, but this has me thinking, do we know anything about Stillwater? Like is it even coming out or will Focus push it to next year? I kind of thought Last Night in SoHo was their (early) vehicle for 2022 but perhaps not.

I’m thinking Focus is just gonna push it back, because we’ve heard zero info about this film and it’s already October. I could understand if it was a Netflix film, but this one is most likely going straight to theaters and needs the promotion, so no, I think they’re gonna end up pushing ‘Stillwater’ back to fall of next year.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress’ is closed to new replies.