Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Crafts Categories (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Crafts Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 367 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
SN
JV
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    Dr. Manhattan
    Topics:

I correctly predicted FvF in Sound Editing last year because of the sole Editing stat.

Was there such an Editing stat? I remember (incorrectly) predicting Ford to win Mixing because, from 2013-18, the Film Editing winner would also won Sound Mixing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Was there such an Editing stat? I remember (incorrectly) predicting Ford to win Mixing because, from 2013-18, the Film Editing winner would also won Sound Mixing.

I was referring to the sole Film Editing stat. If FvF hadn’t won Sound Editing, it would’ve won Film Editing and nothing else.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

Anyone still predicting something other than Ma Rainey for Costumes?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Anthony 🐜
    Topics:

I’m predicting MANK to swoop in for the ultimate upset.

The Costume Designer’s Guild choosing Ma Rainy is in line with their weird taste. They gave Hidden Figures, 12 Years a Slave, The Shape of Water and Doctor Strange their Top awards, when the Oscar frontrunner and eventual winner was right there. Their track record as of late is spotty.

I have Mank ending the night with 3 tech wins: Production Design, Cinematography and Costume Design.
    Fitting, since it is the nomination leader, and the tech film of the Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

I’m definitely not. Ma Rainey’s is winning it, and Ann Roth is making history!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Mank will not challenge Ma Rainey in the crafts categories. It’s lost to the film at every award show its competed against the film 6 times for costume and make-up and lost 6 times. Mank has no passion and the costume designer/make-up artist are relatively new to the Academy.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

One thing that could still help Pinocchio is that it has the same makeup artist of The Iron Lady and The Grand Budapest Hotel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

One thing that could still help Pinocchio is that it has the same makeup artist of The Iron Lady and The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Yeah Mark Coulier is a veteran. Pinocchio technically did not lose against Ma Rainey at Critics Choice since it was not even nominated. And at the guilds they competed in different categories.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Yeah Mark Coulier is a veteran. Pinocchio technically did not lose against Ma Rainey at Critics Choice since it was not even nominated. And at the guilds they competed in different categories.

Yeah, BAFTA was the only place it lost to Ma Rainey and it wasn’t nominated for Costume Design there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

Yeah, BAFTA was the only place it lost to Ma Rainey and it wasn’t nominated for Costume Design there.

So the BAFTA stat applies to Sound of Metal but not Pinocchio? ‘Most’ applies to makeup but not editing? You can’t just cherry pick.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

So the BAFTA stat applies to Sound of Metal but not Pinocchio? ‘Most’ applies to makeup but not editing? You can’t just cherry pick.

I’m still predicting Ma Rainey and the BAFTA win is not the only reason I’m predicting Sound of Metal.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    KaRol
    Topics:

have you seen this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGYyAuBlFJ4 ?

she is trying hard to get that Oscar… maybe even too hard?
    I must say she was really brave to “sing” all those songs she was nominated for Oscar till now… 😉

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Can somebody explain to me how the F*** Ma Sucky will beat out Pinocchio in makeup? It literally makes no sense.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 367 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.