Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Crafts Categories (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Crafts Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 320 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
7 mins ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
SN
Eddy Q
JV
  • Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

I have the same feeling. I’ve been doubtful of that movie’s crafts wins potential since nominations. Seems like it’ll get Makeup, but they may just say “oooh those pretty dresses in Emma” cause you know non-costume designers think that way. Even three seems like a stretch tbh, if The Great Gatsby and Blade Runner 2049 couldn’t win more than two, then why would Ma Rainey’s?

The Great Gatsby didn’t even have any other nominations so of course it didn’t win more than two. Blade Runner 2049 was never considered a frontrunner in its other three nominated categories: Dunkirk and The Shape of Water were always fairly assured to win there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

The Great Gatsby didn’t even have any other nominations so of course it didn’t win more than two. Blade Runner 2049 was never considered a frontrunner in its other three nominated categories: Dunkirk and The Shape of Water were always fairly assured to win there.

I’m still weary about it. I have a hard time picturing it and I can’t tell you why

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

So do I to be fair. Three Oscars for Ma Rainey seems plausible, four feels like a stretch considering how much it underperformed compared to the guilds.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Tenet just lost VFX Society Awards to The Midnight Sky.

Welcome to Chechnya might be the worst case of “Goldderby thing” in years. It just lost Supporting Effects to Mank at VFX Society Awards.

Never understand the Welcome to Chechnya hype on film Twitter lol. Yeah the subject is serious and the use of VFX is meaningful, but these are not humanitarian awards. The quality looks just okay. Mank obviously got better VFX than it.

It won’t win DGA documentary this week either.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    The Oscarguy
    Topics:

The work of Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross in Soul is wonderful but it breaks my heart that the magnificent score of Minari hasn’t won pretty much anything this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Damiansport1
    Topics:

There is absolutely no way Mank loses Production Design. Doesn’t matter how many people aren’t fans of the movie, it has swept literally almost every single production design award with both critics and industry. It’s up with Zhao in Director and Boseman in Actor as the top 3 biggest locks of the evening

Kaluuya is way bigger lock than Boseman

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

What was more impressive in your opinion: the reverse exploding building in Tenet or the blood ballet in The Midnight Sky?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

What was more impressive in your opinion: the reverse exploding building in Tenet or the blood ballet in The Midnight Sky?

The reverse explosion of the building in Tenet literally blew my mind. Midnight Sky couldn’t compare unless it was a Miley song.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Predictions for Art Directors Guild tomorrow:
    Period Film: Mank

Fantasy Film: Tenet, but I wouldn’t discount Birds of Prey winning here

Contemporary Film: This is a tough one. I picked Promising Young Woman, but Da 5 Bloods makes more sense. If Birds of Prey were in this category like in Costume Design guild, I’d 100% bet on Birds of Prey.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

ADG predictions:

Period Film: Mank, because duh.

Contemporary Film: I think Promising Young Woman will be carried by the strength of the film across the guilds.

Fantasy Film: After it won VES I went with The Midnight Sky. Just a hunch that Clooney’s film might be stronger at the guilds than Tenet, but not with AMPAS and BAFTA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Is anyone else having trouble seeing the ADG predictions ? Mine are just gone from the predictions center.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

We had to shut down ADG last night since they started informing people within the industry of the results. That doesn’t happen other years but it happening a lot this year since the ceremonies are virtual.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Da 5 Bloods wins ADG for Contemporary Feature Film!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Mank wins Period Feature Film ADG

Soul wins Animated Feature

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I had a feeling Da 5 Bloods would win. Wynn Thomas is a previous winner and this would be a place to recognize the movie.

I’m now even more sure in predicting Birds of Prey to prevail over PYW in the Costume Designers guild

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.