Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Crafts Categories

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Crafts Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 499 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
SN
Eddy Q
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

I can see Welcome to Chechnya winning a la Ex Machina. It’s a lock to be nominated.

Ex Machina was a PGA and screenplay nominee so the support and popularity were there. Welcome to Chechnya could take advantage of an unusual category I suppose but it would be an even more anomalous winner.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Ex Machina was a PGA and screenplay nominee so the support and popularity were there. Welcome to Chechnya could take advantage of an unusual category I suppose but it would be an even more anomalous winner.

Yeah, I agree. This is Tenet to lose.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Costume Designers Guild (CDG) nominations:

Excellence in Sci-Fi / Fantasy Film

“Dolittle” – Jenny Beavan
    “Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey” – Michael Wilkinson
    “Mulan” – Bina Daigeler
    “Pinocchio “– Massimo Cantini Parrini
    “Wonder Woman 1984” – Lindy Hemming

Excellence in Contemporary Film

“Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar” – Trayce Gigi Field
    “Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)” – Erin Benach
    “Da 5 Bloods” – Donna Berwick
    “Promising Young Woman” – Nancy Steiner
    “The Prom” – Lou Eyrich

Excellence in Period Film

“Emma.” – Alexandra Byrne
    “Judas and the Black Messiah” – Charlese Antoinette Jones
    “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom” – Ann Roth
    “Mank” – Trish Summerville
    “One Night in Miami ” – Francine Jamison-Tanchuck

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

No News of the World. Thank you, God!

Movies with CDG, CCA and BAFTA Longlist for Best Costume Design:

Emma.
    Mank
    Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Mulan
    Promising Young Woman

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Uff, United States really should not have missed. It’s tailor-made for a costume nom.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Promising Young Woman be like: another day, another slay

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    manakamana
    Topics:

I think it’s pretty clear that Lee Daniels was working on Billie Holiday until the last minute (and it’s clear watching the movie) so it didn’t really have as much of a chance to get out to the guilds and those who voted in the Academy shortlists, but now there’s been enough time to see it imo and it will perform better in the final Oscar nominations.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

No News of the World. Thank you, God! Movies with CDG, CCA and BAFTA Longlist for Best Costume Design: Emma. Mank Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom Mulan Promising Young Woman

News of the World will probably steal that 5th spot from PYW. Mark Bridges (News of the World’s costume designer) was able to be nominated for Joker and Inherent Vice without making CDG.

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

Uff, United States really should not have missed. It’s tailor-made for a costume nom.

Lmao…

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

The Oscars always slight contemporary-set costuming, sadly. It’s bizarre how actual costume designers have so little regard for a substantial part of their own profession.

Emma. is one of my favourites of the year, and this seems like the category where it’s most likely to be recognized with a nomination.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

I think it’s pretty clear that Lee Daniels was working on Billie Holiday until the last minute (and it’s clear watching the movie) so it didn’t really have as much of a chance to get out to the guilds and those who voted in the Academy shortlists, but now there’s been enough time to see it imo and it will perform better in the final Oscar nominations.

Yeah…waiting to see what happens at BAFTA.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Promising Young Woman‘s performance at the guilds continues to amaze me.

I don’t think it will win Picture and it’s a tossup for a win in Actress/Screenplay but I feel pretty confident in saying it’s top 5. I guess a bit like Lady Bird was even though it didn’t win anything. I have it 4th.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Promising Young Woman‘s performance at the guilds continues to amaze me.

I don’t think it will win Picture and it’s a tossup for a win in Actress/Screenplay but I feel pretty confident in saying it’s top 5. I guess a bit like Lady Bird was even though it didn’t win anything. I have it 4th.

Its chances to win Best Picture are as high as mine are to go to a movie theater in the next seven days. But I’m feeling more and more confident about the four above-the-line nominations I’m predicting for it.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Its chances to win Best Picture are as high as mine are to go to a movie theater in the next seven days. But I’m feeling more and more confident about the four above-the-line nominations I’m predicting for it.

Yeah it’s a shame it has zero chance at the win lol.

Which four above the line predictions do you have? Picture, Director, Actress and Original Screenplay. I feel like all of those apart from Director have more or less been secure since the beginning of last month haha.

Do you have it in editing? The editing is quite flashy and apparently the editors branch like the editing of the film but I don’t know.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Emma, Mank, Ma Rainey and Mulan are locked. I think the 5th spot could be News of the World. They nominated Mark Bridges out of nowhere last year. Billie Holiday could also happen. I don’t think they watched it in time.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Crafts Categories’ is closed to new replies.