Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 – Best Animated Feature predictions

Oscars 2022 – Best Animated Feature predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 181 through 193 (of 193 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
tiermakeracco17
JV
ReddWhite
  • Profile picture
    Baroque
    Topics:

Belle was hugely ambitious, had a fantastic soundtrack, and did a lot of things very right. But I can’t get over what an absolute mess the storytelling of the Belle and the Beast relationship was, in a Beauty & the Beast movie. I wouldn’t have been surprised to see it get in but I’m not surprised to see it miss.

FYC: 🐕 & 🐖

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    tiermakeracco17
    Topics:

Three. Disney. Movies. Wow, one of these days Disney is going to completely take over the whole category.

Belle was hugely ambitious, had a fantastic soundtrack, and did a lot of things very right. But I can’t get over what an absolute mess the storytelling of the Belle and the Beast relationship was, in a Beauty & the Beast movie. I wouldn’t have been surprised to see it get in but I’m not surprised to see it miss.

I think GKIDS is to blame for Belle not being nominated. They waited until mid January to release it in US theaters. They thought they could skip over most award ceremonies (the Globes, the CCA’s, etc) and appeal directly to the Academy, but that’s not how things work anymore.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    tiermakeracco17
    Topics:

I gotta add that they failed to take advantage of Belle’s Cannes reception and early buzz. They could’ve campaigned harder for Best Song, Best Score, Best Visual Effects, etc, but they seemed content with simply getting into Best Animated Feature.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is going to be the first time that a Disney Animation film (Encanto) wins over a Pixar one (Luca).

The only times a Disney Animation movie won were when there was no Pixar nominee in the same year:

2013 – Frozen won; Monsters University was snubbed

2014 – Big Hero 6 won; no Pixar movie was released that year

2016 – Zootopia won; Finding Dory was snubbed

In fact, one of the biggest surprises of this category came in 2012, when the frontrunner (Disney’s Wreck-It Ralph) was passed in favor of the less critically favored Brave (Pixar).

Impossachievable

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Now with Mitchells winning CCA maybe we have a race now? Unless PGA gives it to Encanto (which is likely).

Impossachievable

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

There is absolutely no race here. A Disney movie with 3 nominations is not losing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BoBo
    Topics:

Is it ludicrous to think that The Mitchells vs The Machines could still upset here, or is Encanto a forgone conclusion thanks to its PGA win and support from the music branch?

FYC:

"Now We're Cookin'" - Son Lux & Randy Newman for Original Song

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheLordMan
    Topics:

There is absolutely no race here. A Disney movie with 3 nominations is not losing.

Flee has 3 noms and it’s guaranteed to lose all of them. Encanto being a Disney movie doesn’t guarantee anything. MvtM’s winning. Deal with it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

Flee has 3 noms and it’s guaranteed to lose all of them. Encanto being a Disney movie doesn’t guarantee anything. MvtM’s winning. Deal with it.

Mitchell ain’t winning shit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

And you say that based on…?

Impossachievable

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

With Spiderverse and The Bad Guys being released this year I really hope we get a more competitive category here. Last couple of wins were just boring Disney sweeps.

Impossachievable

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

spiderverse winning again would be as unexciting. well, lightyear would be boring too, being both disney and part of an existing franchise.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 13 posts - 181 through 193 (of 193 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.