Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 – Best Animated Feature predictions

Oscars 2022 – Best Animated Feature predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 156 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
11 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
tiermakeracco17
Camilo Madrig..
JV
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Soooooo, Clayton Davis has taken Encanto out of his predictions (He’s now predicting Sing 2, for whatever reason, because Raya would be the wiser choice)

I wonder if he watched Encanto or if he knows something about the movie not being good.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Soooooo, Clayton Davis has taken Encanto out of his predictions (He’s now predicting Sing 2, for whatever reason, because Raya would be the wiser choice) I wonder if he watched Encanto or if he knows something about the movie not being good.

Encanto’s embargo is on 3 november apparently, so we’ll find out soon. SHEEEEEEEESH if it’s that bad a situation.

… Really hoping Gkids doesn’t fumble the Belle bag. It’s coming out January 14, I hope it gets a qualifying run, this film has gotten great reviews and I could see comfortably getting a nomination with the right push.

My Favourite Albums

Oil Of Every Pearl's Un-Insides - SOPHIE

Hounds of Love - Kate Bush

Since I Left You - The Avalanches

Twin Fantasy - Car Seat Headrest

Vespertine - Bjork

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    tiermakeracco17
    Topics:

Really hoping Gkids doesn’t fumble the Belle bag. It’s coming out January 14, I hope it gets a qualifying run, this film has gotten great reviews and I could see comfortably getting a nomination with the right push.

Not a good sign. Gkids released Weathering With You around the same date last year and it wasn’t nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Camilo Madrigal AKA Nectar
    Topics:

Soooooo, Clayton Davis has taken Encanto out of his predictions (He’s now predicting Sing 2, for whatever reason, because Raya would be the wiser choice) I wonder if he watched Encanto or if he knows something about the movie not being good.

The reactions came out for Encanto, and they’re great. It’s firmly in there. Not sure for a win since Luca is a lock for a nom as well, but it’s absolutely getting in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

Really hoping Gkids doesn’t fumble the Belle bag. It’s coming out January 14, I hope it gets a qualifying run, this film has gotten great reviews and I could see comfortably getting a nomination with the right push.

They wouldn’t give it a publicized release so early in the year if it weren’t getting a qualifying release before then, the only reason to make a wider release at that time is to presumably take advantage of awards and a release model GKIDS has used over the years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Why did no song from Encanto make it into the original song categories for hollywood music in media awards. Did they not submit or did they get snubbed.

Also Clayton praised the movie in his review today so idk why he took it out of his preds

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

Please never try to get a read on the awards race based on the opinions of Clayton Davis.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

True but how did no song from Encanto make it into the original song animated film line up from hmm awards. Dos Oruguitas sequence  from the movie is getting praise but it is a bad sign that it could not get a nomination

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

Those don’t matter lmao.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Those don’t matter lmao.

For original song  nom they matter. I was confident the movie would get in animated film and original song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    tiermakeracco17
    Topics:

Have they announced the official list of submitted animated films yet?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Camilo Madrigal AKA Nectar
    Topics:

Sounds like Encanto has a lot of incredible songs. Still Billie Eilish’s to lose, though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Disney is booking a lot of screenings for Raya and the Last Dragon and Encanto. Meanwhile, they’re not doing anything for Luca. https://disneystudiosawards.com/luca/screenings/

They must think the movie is eligible, because they have it on their FYC site. Or they’re assuming Pixar don’t need campaign.

Between the lukewarm reviews, the release date and the fact that they have two stronger movies in their slate (assuming Encanto is good) I can actually see Luca getting the Frozen 2 treatment.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FTomoson
    Topics:

Sounds like Encanto has a lot of incredible songs. Still Billie Eilish’s to lose, though.

Nah, they want a Lin Win*tm

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    tiermakeracco17
    Topics:

BELLE reportedly has some catchy songs, but it doesn’t seem like GKIDS is interested in running it for Best Original Song. I think they’re missing an opportunity here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.