Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022: Best Original Song

Oscars 2022: Best Original Song

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
replies
views
users
alittle03
RBBrittain
CuriousHedgehog
  • Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Hello! This is my first topic. I don’t know if we have a thread yet for 2022 Original Song predictions, so I thought I’d make one. But if we do, please delete this and I apologize in advance.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

“A new Beyoncé song titled “Be Alive” is featured at the end of the upcoming Will Smith film, #KingRichard.”

Could be a major challenger to Billie Eilish and Finneas’ No Time to Die.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

Right now I have:

“No Time to Die” from No Time to Die
    “Be Alive” from King Richard
    “TBA” from Encanto
    “Don’t Look Up” from Don’t Look Up
    “Inside Your Heart” from Vivo

Notable in my 10 are “Anonymous Ones” from Dear Evan Hansen and “So May We Start” from Annette. Admittedly, the last one is more a pipe dream, but it’s the movie’s best shot at a nomination IMO.

I could easily see Vivo missing though, the songs from the movie aren’t that great, but the last one wasn’t bad. Top Gun moving messed up my predictions a bit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

We have a thread for this in the music forum.

Early predictions for Best original song Oscar 2022

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vincent Figueroa
    Topics:

In a year  with  a lot  of musical movies  the oscar  for best song should  be awarded  for one of   them :

Annete

Dear  Evan Hansen

Tick ,rick boom

West Side Story

In the Heights

<p style=”text-align: center;”></p>

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I expect Anya Taylor Joy to perform an Original song for Last Night in Soho because her character is an aspiring singer and I’m convinced she wont just covering 1960s hits

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jpfinna
    Topics:

Sounds like Beyoncé’s ‘Be Alive’ from King Richard will be a major contender. Critics who were present at the screening have said really good things about it and the film as a whole is gaining a lot of Oscar buzz.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Between Mel Brooks, Lady Gaga, Van Morrison (Belfast), Beyonce and Lin Manuel Miranda, I don’t think Billie Eilish will win the Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Between Mel Brooks, Lady Gaga, Van Morrison (Belfast), Beyonce and Lin Manuel Miranda, I don’t think Billie Eilish will win the Oscars.

We don’t know if Gaga will have songs for HoG.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

We have a thread for this in the music forum. https://www.goldderby.com/forum/music/early-predictions-for-best-original-song-oscar-2022/

Perhaps we should still keep this thread up since Original Song is usually discussed on the film side of GoldDerby and the film side usually discusses a song’s awards prospects as they coincide with reviews and precursors and such. But thank you for letting me know!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

well now i can have some semblance of an idea of what is competing

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RBBrittain
    Topics:

Perhaps we should still keep this thread up since Original Song is usually discussed on the film side of GoldDerby and the film side usually discusses a song’s awards prospects as they coincide with reviews and precursors and such. But thank you for letting me know!

I agree. For some reason the discussion started in the music forum this year, but since the Oscar is a film award (and the song’s use in the film is very relevant especially during nominations) it really belongs here. Once that other thread fills up, the discussion should be redirected here IMO.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.