Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Ceremony Details

Oscars 2022 Ceremony Details

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 518 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Manav
Dan Jo
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    TheLordMan
    Topics:

We are seeing the Oscars die in front of our very eyes and I’m living for it

Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

The Academy this year:

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.” 🎥

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

The Academy has partnered with Meta to bring Instagram influencers to the #Oscars ceremony to create short-form content on Reels.

This could work with Will Smith(he is Great on Instagram) But the other Nominees don’t use Reels

Profile picture
    skyes
    Topics:

Sound Editors Planning Silent Protest at Oscars Over Live Telecast Cuts

A source close to the sound branch also revealed that guild members are planning on wearing their guild badges upside down as a form of silent protest over the demotion of crafts at the Oscars.

Karol Urban, President of the Cinema Audio Society confirmed the protest might go one step further. In a statement, Urban said, “This weekend, the Oscars may be turned upside down as we may see winners from all categories accept their Oscars upside down in a silent show of solidarity with the eight affected categories. We are all filmmakers of equal importance.”

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Amy Schumer has fallen off the popularity wagon but I hope she nails it coming Sunday! I still have a soft spot for her

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I took an informal poll of family friends and affiliations over 7 days and 5/36 said yes they were watching.
    The others had little or no interest and some had some colorful things to say about the academy.
    Anyways there it is.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Sound Editors Planning Silent Protest at Oscars Over Live Telecast Cuts

This is spectacularly ironic and I adore it.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

We have seen it done at the grammys so it’s a possibility: Is Bruno performance closing the show? Save it to the end in order to ensure the people that wanted it watch the whole thing

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

I’ve already said it, but the acceptance speeches are going to be rough. Especially from the technical categories that will be televised live…

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

I disagree with most of the choices the producers are making, but it always baffles me how “the general public”, or at least some sections of it, speak with such vehemence about the ElItIsM and self congratulatory nature of the Oscars and then, without a shred of self awareness, spend hours sitting their asses in front of the tv to watch college basketball/football, the NBA, the NFL- even dropping insane amounts of money on tickets- to watch billionaire corporations and club owners and millionaire players make more money slapping balls around. Sports aren’t my thing, but you don’t see me running to tell everyone about how stupid and dumb sports culture is like some of these people do with “high brow” movies.

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

We have seen it done at the grammys so it’s a possibility: Is Bruno performance closing the show? Save it to the end in order to ensure the people that wanted it watch the whole thing

i doubt a Bruno performance can save the ratings

Profile picture
    keithw
    Topics:

Are there supposed to be some surprise presenters at this point? What happened to the idea of reuniting some of The Godfather cast…..that was a great idea.

Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

Maybe The Godfather cast and Francis Ford Coppola will be the surprise presenters for Best Picture.

Twitter: @TheCineMike

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

So how will the winners of the “pre-show” be leaked? Wait for Clayton Davis or Kyle Buchanan to tweet them or something? Ugh.

Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

Are there supposed to be some surprise presenters at this point? What happened to the idea of reuniting some of The Godfather cast…..that was a great idea.

I’m hoping for some surprise presenters. I love it. I really like when Julie Andrews appeared after Lady Gaga’s performance way back Oscars 2015.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Ceremony Details’ is closed to new replies.