Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Ceremony Details

Oscars 2022 Ceremony Details

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 518 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Manav
Dan Jo
Babylonian

• Cosmia
    Topics:

For real, though, they shouldn’t even bother fixing ratings. Nothing they do will work – even if they nominated Red Notice for Best Picture and presented every Oscar from Lady Gaga’s vagina, that won’t guarantee numbers. Just do what they do normally.

Lucas
    Topics:

I love how the full letter clarifies that the show will end with the Best Picture category this year lol they are embarrassing

AmazingAmy
    Topics:

ABC’s obsession with ratings is disgusting. They are never going to bring in 57 million viewers again like they did in 1998. They need to get on with the times and realize that ratings for all live events have decreased.

They would’ve been fine this year anyway because they have popular movies in Best Picture (Dune and Don’t Look Up), the possibility of big movie stars winning (Will Smith, Nicole Kidman) and Beyoncé performing (her first nomination).

There was no need for 3 hosts who will waste time on unfunny bits nor a Twitter voted award. I hope Cinderella wins to embarrass the annoying Spider-Man/Disney fans.

Gwen
    Topics:

I can’t believe that once again they do dirty to some essential categories and artists, for the sake of a share that will never go up because they cut these awards from the live ceremony, they just alienate fans that would have stuck with the show anyway. Once more it’s like there are A list awards & cinema workerks, and then the others, the second class. It’s insulting, I’m tired.

Jodie Comer supremacy

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION:

Everything Everywhere All at Once in all categories
    Luca Guadagnino for Best Director
    Martin McDonagh for Best Adapted Screenplay
    Brendan Fraser, Colin Farrell for Best Leading Actor
    Brendan Gleeson for Best Supporting Actor
    Hong Chau for Best Supporting Actress

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

gabspss
    Topics:

This is absolutely RIDICULOUS!

The Oscars are NOT for the whole GP, it’s for movie lovers, they need to stop trying to pretend to be something they aren’t. For 93 years the Oscars presented all the categories, so why the suddenly worrying about this? It’s clearly not the reason why the ratings are low.

I also wanna mention: They put almost every tech award on the pre show, but leave costumes to the main one, probably just because they think Cruella is winning. It’s just awful.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

forwardswill
    Topics:

I was initially outraged but have just seen that all the categories’ winners will still be shown on the broadcast. Just edited for time. Those winners will still get some of their moment before the world. I wish it could stay the same but as one solution for making the show tighter, I don’t hate it. The BAFTAs have been doing it for years after all.

The Northman
    Topics:

The ratings won’t come back, people stop caring for awards shows sometime now, most people don’t watch award shows in TV.

ejaru1810
    Topics:

I give them 3 days and they’ll change their minds due to backlash.

gabspss
    Topics:

I was initially outraged but have just seen that all the categories’ winners will still be shown on the broadcast. Just edited for time. Those winners will still get some of their moment before the world. I wish it could stay the same but as one solution for making the show tighter, I don’t hate it. The BAFTAs have been doing it for years after all.

But they will be able to cut it as much as they want. Also, we may miss even big moments like: How amazing was Roger Deakins and Randy Newman winning for the first time after so many years of losses and the WHOLE audience stand-ovating and super celebrating it?

Also, when you put these categories on the pre show you are making an official statement that the ACADEMY of MOTION PICTURES thinks those crafts are less important than the ones being presented live. Does anyone think Sound, Score, Cinematography, Art Direction etc are less important than Acting, Screenplay? They are AS essential and deserve equal treatment.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

forwardswill
    Topics:

Also a couple of things on the whole ratings debate in general:

– The Oscars ratings have not dropped anymore drastically than live network TV in general. It’s not a people stopped caring just about awards shows situation.
    – There seems to be this idea going around that the only people who tune into the Oscars are obsessives. What nonsense. I’d love to believe their are millions of us lunatics but there just aren’t, however vocal we may be (especially on Twitter). Most of the Oscars audience is still people who just tune in for the event because it’s on TV. And ultimately those people want a show and to be entertained so Beyonce getting plenty of time to perform is more important than who won Live Action Short.

forwardswill
    Topics:

Does anyone think Sound, Score, Cinematography, Art Direction etc are less important than Acting, Screenplay?

I’m sure everyone will cry “no” meanwhile we all talk for 80 threads about Best Actress alone.

estrelas
    Topics:

Oscars: Several Awards Won’t Be Telecast Live This Year (Exclusive)

My God, not again. This is embarrassing and insulting

FUCK THIS SHIT!!!

This is beyond ridiculous and absolutely disrespectful to all the professionals in the Industry and the Academy. I seriously hope Cinderella wins that Twitter shit award more than ever, so the Academy and fucking ABC all eat crow and this explodes on their face.

estrelas
    Topics:

I’m sure everyone will cry “no” meanwhile we all talk for 80 threads about Best Actress alone.

I’m pretty sure if you were an Editor or a Production Designer you wouldn’t be saying that.

xohours
    Topics:

yikes..

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Ceremony Details’ is closed to new replies.