Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Ceremony Reactions (Part 1)

Oscars 2022 Ceremony Reactions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 623 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
cinetastic
GTFO
FreemanGriffin
  • Profile picture
    AmazingAmy
    Topics:

I’m only sad about LMM not attending, don’t even care about all these other stars (and random presenters) attending…it would’ve been nice to watch him become an EGOT winner in-person and get the standing ovation he deserves but of course life and health comes first.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Which are the 8 categories that will be given out not on the actual broadcast? Will it be like the Tonys with them being given out during the commercials or will it before the rest of the telecast? My guess is they will do like they do on the Tony’s and show a brief clip of the winners?

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I still have no idea what the rationale behind this is. Like the intent makes me worry. Like wow what a selfish take.

Is this some sort of a weird troll post or…?

There’s nothing selfish about rooting for different people. I liked Spielberg’s direction better than Campion’s and upsets are always fun so why not.

Profile picture
    Moviebuff22
    Topics:

Sean Penn said on CNN that he’ll publicly destroy his Oscar if they don’t invite Zelenskyy to speak

Academy should strip it from him and give it to Rourke. Never too late to do the right thing

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

1. Ariana DeBose completes her deserved sweep
    2. WSS pulls off the sound win
    3. Spielberg pulls off the shocking director upset in a seemingly locked category
    4. Voters tank the two streaming films which results in WSS smashing in preferential
    5. #WestSideStorySweep complete!!!!

Kendrick Lamar grammy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong emmy campaign manager
    Michelle Yeoh oscar campaign manager

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

If they are cutting out 8 of the categories, are we only going to get a 2 and a half hour show?

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

This season has been going on for way too long, thankfully it ends tonight. They should return to the february date next year.

Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

Can’t wait for tonight………..

Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

This season has been going on for way too long, thankfully it ends tonight. They should return to the february date next year.

I agree the season is too long, but doesn’t the length give the voters time to see the movies before voting? But after reading some of the reasoning behind the secret ballots, it probably doesn’t matter if they watch or not. 🙂

Life is a thin thread.
    We hang on tightly knowing
    it will snap one day.

Profile picture
    espnfan
    Topics:

I think it is a real shame and sad to see some members here claiming they will not be watching the Oscars this year for various reasons. No matter what, I will always watch the Oscars. As much as I may dislike some of the decisions they are making this year, I would rather there be an Oscar show to watch than not have one at all.

I can imagine the challenges ABC must have in putting on this show and why they feel a need to make some changes. Simply put, if the Oscars try to go on like they have the past 8+ decades, there will no longer be an Oscar ceremony for all of us to enjoy. I feel like we are watching the death of Awards shows in general as a relevant landmark in the American cultural landscape, and nowhere is that more reflected than in the recent struggles of the Oscar’s telecast.

I truly feel we are at the point where there will not be an Oscars telecast in five years. Or if there is one, it will be relegated to a basic cable network (like the SAG awards on TNT) or even worse, be held on a streaming service.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but a couple weeks ago the Academy of Country Music (the ACM’s) held an award show that was only viewable on Amazon, and it might as well have not happened. This is annually the second biggest Country music awards show which was normally broadcast on CBS, and it was relegated to a streaming service where it had no cultural impact or relevance whatsoever.

I would hate to see the same thing happen to the Oscars. I have been watching the Oscars since I was 12 (full disclosure, I am almost 40 now) and cannot imagine a day where I will not tune in. I understand the Oscars have changed a ton in those past 30+ years. But even if it is pretty much pretending at this point, I still like to imagine the Oscars celebrate the best of Hollywood and the magic of the shared cinema experience we all enjoy. Despite the good, some bad, and even the ugly, I will continue to watch the Oscars to the bitter end.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

1. Ariana DeBose completes her deserved sweep
    2. WSS pulls off the sound win
    3. Spielberg pulls off the shocking director upset in a seemingly locked category
    4. Voters tank the two streaming films which results in WSS smashing in preferential
    5. #WestSideStorySweep complete!!!!

Gawd I hope so! This would be a thrilling ending to an awful awards season! Please let this happen!!!! (I am so pessimistic today though)

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

Sticking with CODA because of its momentum in the last week of voting but my gut is screaming at me: ‘are you crazy?!’

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

I think it is a real shame and sad to see some members here claiming they will not be watching the Oscars this year for various reasons. No matter what, I will always watch the Oscars. As much as I may dislike some of the decisions they are making this year, I would rather there be an Oscar show to watch than not have one at all. I can imagine the challenges ABC must have in putting on this show and why they feel a need to make some changes. Simply put, if the Oscars try to go on like they have the past 8+ decades, there will no longer be an Oscar ceremony for all of us to enjoy. I feel like we are watching the death of Awards shows in general as a relevant landmark in the American cultural landscape, and nowhere is that more reflected than in the recent struggles of the Oscar’s telecast. I truly feel we are at the point where there will not be an Oscars telecast in five years. Or if there is one, it will be relegated to a basic cable network (like the SAG awards on TNT) or even worse, be held on a streaming service. Not sure if anyone noticed, but a couple weeks ago the Academy of Country Music (the ACM’s) held an award show that was only viewable on Amazon, and it might as well have not happened. This is annually the second biggest Country music awards show which was normally broadcast on CBS, and it was relegated to a streaming service where it had no cultural impact or relevance whatsoever. I would hate to see the same thing happen to the Oscars. I have been watching the Oscars since I was 12 (full disclosure, I am almost 40 now) and cannot imagine a day where I will not tune in. I understand the Oscars have changed a ton in those past 30+ years. But even if it is pretty much pretending at this point, I still like to imagine the Oscars celebrate the best of Hollywood and the magic of the shared cinema experience we all experience. Despite the good, some bad, and even the ugly, I will continue to watch the Oscars to the bitter end.

This

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Boycotting does more harm than good

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 623 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Ceremony Reactions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.