Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 390 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
babypook
wolfali
LA26

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

And if you’re going to give CODA anything, Adapted Screenplay is not the one.

Same I don’t agree with the win  but it made sense since probably drive my car , TPOD and lost daughter the arthouse  split votes same for what happened with licorice pizza and worst person in the world allowing the safe choice to bypass both and the rooting factor to it

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

I was actually talking about the Satellite Awards. Although your reasoning works really well with regards to the Oscars

Oh sorry I thought you were speaking about the Oscars 😂😂

ReplyCopy URL

Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

The way the Satellites were better than the Oscar winners…

FYC 2023:

Zar Amir Ebrahimi - Shayda (Best Actress)
    Helen Mirren - Golda (Best Actress)
    Cillian Murphy, Emily Blunt - Oppenheimer (Best Actor/Actress)

ReplyCopy URL

unown
    Topics:

Can they either give the Oscar to Diane Warren the next time or just stop nominating her. She looked like she was about to have a heart attack or pass out when she lost…

I didn’t know the academy was this mean. Damn!!

ReplyCopy URL

babypook
    Topics:

TPOTD won three acting prizes and Director but Belfast won BP at Satellite. Huh.

Sheep homage pick

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

ReplyCopy URL

kbc
    Topics:

Can they either give the Oscar to Diane Warren the next time or just stop nominating her. She looked like she was about to have a heart attack or pass out when she lost…

I didn’t know the academy was this mean. Damn!!

Sound mixer Kevin O’Connell hung on for 33 years and through 21 nominations in the wait for his first Oscar. Ms Warren is at 34 years and so far 13 noms – she will grab that Oscar soon

FYC
    Best Picture: "Aftersun" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Charlotte Wellls; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Frankie Corio; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Paul Mescal; Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Charlotte Wells
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

ReplyCopy URL

borisy
    Topics:

Diane needs to land a bond theme, the safest and easiest way to win a Oscar theses days

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Diane needs a disney song or a bond song she would sweep

ReplyCopy URL

espnfan
    Topics:

Similar to drinking spoiled milk or really flat beer, this past Oscar ceremony has left a bad taste in my mouth, and I unfortunately cannot get it out. Even a week later, I am beyond disappointed and saddened by the 2022 Oscars. Regardless of the “Incident”, this was one of the worst Oscar ceremonies I have ever seen.

Despite trying to give the producers and ABC the benefit of the doubt, everything I was afraid might happen came to pass. This past ceremony felt like an awkward mix of the People’s Choice Awards, the Teen Choice Awards, the Grammy Awards, and the ESPY Awards, with a mere pinch of Oscar prestige thrown in (unfortunately to no avail).

The Academy and ABC have lost their way when it comes to airing the Oscars. By trying to appeal to everyone, they ended up satisfying no one. One of my biggest complaints is the tone of the show was all over the place. Whether it was hour to hour, or even commercial break to commercial break, it felt like I was watching completely different shows. Maybe the worst example was Regina Hall being made into a desperate spinster groping on presenters and then proceeding to honor a living legend in Francis Ford Coppola later on. How in the world do both of those things fit into the same show?

Not to mention the other supposed “tribute” to James Bond was once again terrible. As I said in another thread, if you are going to do a tribute, do a proper one that truly honors the intended recipient. Anything else is not only a waste of time, but borderline disrespectful. Not to mention this was the second lame Bond tribute they have had this past decade.

I did not mind them trying to shorten the show by presenting various awards earlier. But the way they went about it during the broadcast was all wrong. I thought they were going to do one segment honoring those winners, similar to how they used to highlight the sci-tech awards (speaking of, did they even do that this year). Instead of highlighting the earlier winners, it felt like they shoehorned the winners into the program. At times I honestly could not tell which awards were live and which were pre-taped. The way they went about this came off as disrespectful and just in poor taste. And to add insult to injury, the show was actually longer than last year, almost a staggering four hours.

Sorry for the long post, but I am truly saddened and disappointed to see the Oscars come to this. If the Oscars want to continue on and survive long term, they need to figure out who they are. Whether it be a show focused on ratings, entertainment, and viral moments, or a prestige affair to honor Hollywood and film history, make a choice. The Oscars simply cannot go on as they currently are. If they continue to do so, I fear there will no longer be an Oscar telecast.

ReplyCopy URL

SnookTheWay
    Topics:

Grammy’s had half the ratings as Oscar.

Maybe ABC needs to stop appealing to the youth and stick to making a good show rooted it the art of film-making. People will watch if they want to watch.

ReplyCopy URL

kbc
    Topics:

https://www.avclub.com/2022-grammy-ratings-lower-than-the-oscars-1848748073

We noted when the Oscar ratings came out that dramatic, controversial ceremonies don’t necessarily translate to good ratings the next year, but it doesn’t seem strange to think that maybe a straightforward, mostly inoffensive ceremony like last night’s Grammys might convince more people to tune in next year. If the Oscars have a history of being a shitshow, and the Grammys have a history of being a pretty good time, maybe there will be a shift at some point where Music’s Biggest Night becomes more of a cultural event than the Oscars… but only in the sense that nobody is watching either of them anymore.

FYC
    Best Picture: "Aftersun" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Charlotte Wellls; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Frankie Corio; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Paul Mescal; Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Charlotte Wells
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 390 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.