Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022: Cinematography

Oscars 2022: Cinematography

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
replies
views
users
Jacob "Oscar ..
Richie Rich
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Dariusz Wolski ended up securing a place last year for News of the World (and should have easily won given the other nominees) so I wouldn’t be surprised to him sneak in for House of Gucci or The Last Duel.

As he should

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

I do think it’s very firmly in this category because it’s black and white and a huge branch favourite Bruno Delbonnel. I can see them snub Macbeth everywhere and still get Cinematography as a lone nomination for the film.

I don’t deny that being shot by Bruno Delbonnel does increase Macbeth‘s chances for a nomination, but it is still a filmed play… Plus, having a name-check cinematographer doesn’t mean as much this year given all the contenders we have.

TPotD is in, same as Dune, everyone agrees on that.

TFD seems likely given that it can get some other techs too like Costume and Production Design, plus it’s being done by Robert D. Yeoman who also did TGBH.

Then those last two slots are very up in the air given all the contenders. But just look at the contenders!

NA by Dan Laustsen who did TSoWBelfast which we have a trailer that looks beautiful, plus B/W. THoG, same thing, just not B/W. LNiS which is being done by Chung-hoon Chung who needs an Oscar nomination. Spencer that is being done by Claire Mathon who also needs a nomination after TPoaLoF. And then, something that I think people are putting too low, WSS, shot by two-time winner and six-time nominee, frequent Spielberg collaborator, Janusz Kaminski, that looks vibrant and colorful and beautiful.

So, while I do relent that Macbeth can get in, it can’t just be from name recognition and B/W, because it is still a filmed play, and the other contenders could easily take its place.

TL;DR that’s not enough, here’s what I have right now.

The Power of the Dog

Dune

The French Dispatch

West Side Story

Nightmare Alley

Belfast

The Hand of God

Last Night in Soho

Spencer

The Tragedy of Macbeth

Emmys FYC:

Comedy Series - Abbott Elementary, Atlanta, The Great, Reservation Dogs, What We Do in the Shadows

Drama Series - Pachinko, Severance, Yellowjackets

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.