Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 323 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
federico ruba..
Watcher
  • Profile picture
    superbrats
    Topics:

Guys, Girls, Gays, etc. let’s celebrate Don’t Look Up will leave completely empty handed

I wouldn’t be so confident… I can see DLU pulling a Bohemian Rhapsody and winning most best editing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be so confident… I can see DLU pulling a Bohemian Rhapsody and winning most best editing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Is this an all-time low number of SAG acting nominations nominated for Oscars? Only 12 this year: all 5 for Best Actor, 3 for Actress (Chastain, Colman and Kidman), and 2 each for Supporting Actor/Actress (Kotsur and Smit-McPhee; DeBose and Dunst). It’s been a really strange year, so hard to predict – I blame the pandemic!

I wonder if the expansion of the SAG/AFTRA membership to include so many non-actors (it also includes announcers, broadcast journalists, dancers, DJs, news writers, news editors, program hosts, puppeteers, recording artists, singers, stunt performers, voiceover artists and other media professionals) serves to diminish the predictive use of their awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

How can Paul Thomas Anderson got a nomination over Denis Villeneuve in Best Director when Licorice Pizza only got Picture and Screenplay while Dune got TEN nominations including Picture, Screenplay AND Editing?!

Because it’s the Directors branch? Bradley Cooper? Martin McDonagh?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

With her nomination for Belfast, Judi Dench is now the third oldest acting nominee ever. Only Christopher Plummer and Gloria Stuart got nominations at an older age.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

Picture: The Power of the Dog Director: Jane Campion Actor: Will Smith Actress: Nicole Kidman Supporting Actor: Kodi-Smit-McPhee Suppoirting Actress: Ariana DeBose Original Screenplay: Belfast Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog

Sounds about right, with a possible spoiler of Don’t Look Up nabbing Editing and then Picture. I could see that happening…

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.” 🎥

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    irinacx
    Topics:

Overall, while there were some weirds picks here and there I’m pretty happy with these. Fuck the guilds for not adding more international members, they also hate foreign films so much it’s annoying (pls they kept nominating Sing 2 in Animated everywhere over Flee). I have hope for the Oscars now lol.

And while I don’t like tanking my score I love unpredictability!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Because it’s the Directors branch? Bradley Cooper? Martin McDonagh?

Ben Affleck winning DGA, Globes, BAFTAs Director of the year and snubbed at the Oscars for Argo is evidence they can do wrong even the best ones. I think they despise money-maker directors😭

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Despite a few of my favorites missing, my favorite part about the Oscars is the unpredictability of it all. So, let’s hope the winners are just as shocking as the nominees were (hoping for a Penelope Cruz upset but all 5 nominees would be deserving)

“Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

They really nominated this shit for Editing huh

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

JESSIE BUCKLEY!!!

Emmy FYC:

Chloë Sevigny in “The Girl From Plainville” and “Russian Doll”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

Films with multiple nominations
    Nominations

Film
    12 :The Power of the Dog

10 :Dune

7: Belfast, West Side Story

6: King Richard

4: Don’t Look Up, Drive My Car, Nightmare Alley

3: Being the Ricardos, CODA, Encanto, Flee, Licorice Pizza, The Lost Daughter, No Time to Die
    The Tragedy of Macbeth

2: Cruella, The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Parallel Mothers, Tick, Tick… Boom!, The Worst Person in the World

Licorice Pizza tanked😭

yeah king richard should have been nominated to DGA instead of licorice pizza

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I absolutely loved both Balfe and Dench and would have nominated both of them! The academy often nominates and older actress and British actresses in particular – when Moreno didn’t get in at SAG and Dench won at AACTA I got my hopes up for Dench! She’s my all-time favorite British actress! I also think she was helped by her television appearances recently on Stephen Colbert and other shows too. I am THRILLED by Judi Dench’s nomination – over the moon!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 323 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.