Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 323 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
federico ruba..
Watcher
  • Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

Nightmare Alley in Best Picture is…a choice. One of those head-scratchers the AMPAS delivers time and again. Would’ve totally loved to see Flee or Worst Person grab that final slot, especially given the way they had the highest voter turnout this time. But of course I haven’t seen it yet so I cannot exactly comment on the quality of the film.

nightmare alley nom is because of the precursors. The only choice for the 9 spot were being the ricardos( weak because miss screenplay) , tik tik boom( but they not want to have three netflix movies nominated) and nightmare alley

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

Sounds about right, with a possible spoiler of Don’t Look Up nabbing Editing and then Picture. I could see that happening…

” editing is the more important award, Tick, Tick… BOOM! can win best picture despite not being nominated if it wins editing”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    WildforFilm
    Topics:
      Good:

– Encanto with the 3 noms (It could upset for Song I think if the pop girls split votes)
    – Belfast getting into Song
    – Dicaprio not getting into Actor and Don’t Look Up most likely going home empty handed
    – Maggie Gyllenhaal nominated for Screenplay

Bad:

– Faist not getting into S.Actor (and West Side Story underperforming elsewhere)
    – Power of the Dog overperforming

Ugly:

– Gaga missing Actress. The film might have been dull, but she was electric in the role

Overall, I’m predicting the following:
    Dune – 6 wins (Cinematography, Editing, Production, Score, Sound, VFX)
    Power of the Dog – 4 wins (Picture, Director, S.Actor, Adapted Screenplay)
    West Side Story – 2 wins (S.Actress, Costumes)
    Belfast – 1 win (Original Screenplay)
    Being the Ricardos – 1 win (Actress)
    King Richard – 1 win (Actor)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sab227
    Topics:

Judi Dench is the best nominee of the day words cant describe how happy I am for this delightfully talented icon.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Flee getting 3 historic nominations is AMAZING! We all pretty much predicted it but yowzers!!! Really hope it wins for Documentary Feature! (I want Encanto win for Animated Film, and Drive My Car for International Film)…

Drive My Car getting into BP is a great nomination too! I predicted it at 100-1 odds in the other 3 categories it made it in! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Judi Dench is the best nominee of the day words cant describe how happy I am for this delightfully talented icon.

Are you kidding?! She’s the weakest of the category and her being there and not Catriona Balfe who gave the best female supporting performance of the year is a tragedy to remember.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

BTR didn’t even get in Adapted Screenplay, but had enough passion got in Actor and Supp.Actor???

DLU had enough passion to get in key categories such as Picture, Screenplay, and Editing, but DiCaprio couldn’t get in Lead Actor and they picked Bardem over him???

None of this makes sense.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vickster51
    Topics:

Some interesting inclusions and omissions there! I’m probably most disappointed for Denis Villeneuve and TTB missing Picture. Was surprised about Dench over Balfe, but pleased for Buckley. Also, the best performance for me in Being The Ricardos is the only one not nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    superbrats
    Topics:

BTR didn’t even get in Adapted Screenplay, but had enough passion got in Actor and Supp.Actor??? DLU had enough passion to get in key categories such as Picture, Screenplay, and Editing, but DiCaprio couldn’t get in Lead Actor and they picked Bardem over him??? None of this makes sense.

Apparently the acting branch loved BTR, but the Academy in general didn’t care for it. There were multiple reports of people saying BTR played really well for SAG members… I guess they weren’t lying.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Denis Villeneuve snub is the biggest since Amy Adams for Arrival. Another Villeneuve movie. Coincidence?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Scoopster
    Topics:

It is clear BTR’s support is from the acting branch only, this doesn’t bode well for its win chances IMO.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:
      Good:

– Encanto with the 3 noms (It could upset for Song I think if the pop girls split votes) – Belfast getting into Song – Dicaprio not getting into Actor and Don’t Look Up most likely going home empty handed – Maggie Gyllenhaal nominated for Screenplay

Bad:

– Faist not getting into S.Actor (and West Side Story underperforming elsewhere) – Power of the Dog overperforming

Ugly:

– Gaga missing Actress. The film might have been dull, but she was electric in the role Overall, I’m predicting the following: Dune – 6 wins (Cinematography, Editing, Production, Score, Sound, VFX) Power of the Dog – 4 wins (Picture, Director, S.Actor, Adapted Screenplay) West Side Story – 2 wins (S.Actress, Costumes) Belfast – 1 win (Original Screenplay) Being the Ricardos – 1 win (Actress) King Richard – 1 win (Actor)

I have a feeling Be Alive could upset for Original Song…………….

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, surprise, surprise!  There are NOT any women of color nominated for Best Actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Scoopster
    Topics:

BTR didn’t even get in Adapted Screenplay, but had enough passion got in Actor and Supp.Actor???

DLU had enough passion to get in key categories such as Picture, Screenplay, and Editing, but DiCaprio couldn’t get in Lead Actor and they picked Bardem over him???

None of this makes sense.

it makes sense. Acting branch overperformed on BTR and didn’t like DLU. Wider membership liked DLU and did not like BTR. This bodes well for DLU possibly winning something.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Watcher
    Topics:

It is clear BTR’s support is from the acting branch only, this doesn’t bode well for its win chances IMO.

but only acting branch members vote for acting categories…so how the wider academy feel doesn’t change anything

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 323 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.