Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022: Original Screenplay and Adapted Screenplay

Oscars 2022: Original Screenplay and Adapted Screenplay

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 515 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
JV
FreemanGriffin
  • Profile picture
    Beastialg
    Topics:

Sure but that’s only one branch out of 17. Some movies missed that category and won BP for example. I still think LP underperformed overall and will probably lose this category. For me it’s not in the top 6 anymore (thus calling it low tier contender)

Top 6: TPOTD, Belfast, King Richard, Dune, WSS and DLU.

Had it been a Top 5 best picture lineup, LP would have gotten in for sure (At least before DLU, King Richard and maybe Dune). I think it still on the Top 5, even with editing and acting snubs, since all the other movies but TPOTD got important snubs too.

Profile picture
    CarlosEdu
    Topics:

The fact that Licorice Pizza just got 3 nominations and Belfast got 7 doesn’t mean Belfast is more strong to win this category

In 2003, Talk To Her won this category and only had 2 nominations (Best Director and Best Original Screenplay) while Gangs of New York was in the same category with 10 nominations

If Belfast wins I don’t think it’s because the movie had more nominations than Licorice Pizza

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

The Lost Daughter beats The Power of the Dog at the USC Scripter. Maggie Gyllenhaal is coming for that Oscar.

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

No she isn’t.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

No she isn’t.

They could spread the wealth with Campion taking Director. The Lost Daughter is a very BAFTA friendly movie she could win there too.

The only explanation for this win is that they wanted to award Ferrante since they celebrate the author as well and she was the only one alive among the nominees.

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

That would be a really silly reason to award TLD. The only author that is alive?

Profile picture
    TheLordMan
    Topics:

Campion’s winning. This means nothing.

Profile picture
    Rishabh Chaturvedi
    Topics:

Having now seen Licorice Pizza I am 100% rooting for The Worst Person in the World to win this. What an underwhelming category.

THIS. Worst Person is easily the best contender among these. Had they actually nominated Ricardos in the fifth spot as many of us were predicting them to, this certainly would’ve been a terribly embarrassing line-up, for me at least.

It’s also funny how this category could’ve looked radically different had it included (alongside Joachim Trier of course) the likes of Fran Kranz, Mike Mills, Celine Sciamma, to name a few. Mass, C’mon C’mon and Petite Maman deserved so much more this season.

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Campion’s winning. This means nothing.

it’s just hard to understand???

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

They could spread the wealth with Campion taking Director. The Lost Daughter is a very BAFTA friendly movie she could win there too.

The only explanation for this win is that they wanted to award Ferrante since they celebrate the author as well and she was the only one alive among the nominees.

Oh, come on. When has wanting to award a living author of the adapted work ever been a factor in the selection of the U.S.C. Scripter Award? Maggie Gyllenhaal won because she did an excellent adaptation. I prefer several others, including the adaptations by Campion and Hall, but Maggie G did a superb job and is a worthy winner.

Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

The Lost Daughter’s screenplay really impressed me, even if Maggie wins nothing else all season it’s good to have a different winner at one of the award shows. I’m still not sure whether it’s #2 at the Oscars over Drive My Car though (do non-English films ever get nominated at Scripter? I’m currently not reading much into it missing here).

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

OMG TLD beating TPOTD. Still think Campion is winning the Oscar. I think DMC is #2.

Profile picture
    TheLordMan
    Topics:

POTD was not nominated for the WGA but TLD was also snubbed. POTD was the only adapted film to get a nom at the GG. Dune is the only one who got all 3 noms (USC, WGA, Oscar) but that is not winning at all.

So who the hell knows anymore? I just think POTD will win this.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

POTD was not nominated for the WGA but TLD was also snubbed. POTD was the only adapted film to get a nom at the GG. Dune is the only one who got all 3 noms (USC, WGA, Oscar) but that is not winning at all. So who the hell knows anymore? I just think POTD will win this.

Both TPOTD and TLD were ineligible at WGA.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

POTD was not nominated for the WGA but TLD was also snubbed. POTD was the only adapted film to get a nom at the GG. Dune is the only one who got all 3 noms (USC, WGA, Oscar) but that is not winning at all. So who the hell knows anymore? I just think POTD will win this.

TPOTD and TLD were both ineligible for WGA

Want Want by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022: Original Screenplay and Adapted Screenplay’ is closed to new replies.