Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022: Original Screenplay and Adapted Screenplay

Oscars 2022: Original Screenplay and Adapted Screenplay

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 515 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
JV
FreemanGriffin
  • Profile picture
    TheLordMan
    Topics:

TPOTD and TLD were both ineligible for WGA

Both TPOTD and TLD were ineligible at WGA.

Yeah, I got it the first time. My point was that the screenplay categories will always be the most unpredictable of them.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Anthony 🐜
    Topics:

POTD was not nominated for the WGA but TLD was also snubbed. POTD was the only adapted film to get a nom at the GG. Dune is the only one who got all 3 noms (USC, WGA, Oscar) but that is not winning at all.

So who the hell knows anymore? I just think POTD will win this.

What? You know The Lost Daughter was not eligible for the Writer’s Guild Award. You Power of the Dog stance are going to be insanely insufferable everytime it loses something, ne???

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Drive My Car rises. Knew the complete confidence in POTD was misplaced. As long as the former picks up the BAFTA, it should be good. Jojo Rabbit is the only film to lose here and then win the Oscar in the last 10 years for those who care.

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Scripter 2018- leave no trace, Oscar BlackKkKlansman

2019- little women, Oscar- Jojo Rabbit

2020- Nomadland, Oscar- The Father

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Driver My Car is looking good for a possible upset, if it wins BAFTA. The Lost Daughter is not winning at the Oscars. It has no BP nomination. If we can’t take seriously The Worst Person in the World in Original because it has no BP nomination, I don’t see why The Lost Daughter should be any different.

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

If a movie upsets at BAFTA in Screenplay it’s going to be The Lost Daughter not Drive My Car. But I don’t think it will happen.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

What? You know The Lost Daughter was not eligible for the Writer’s Guild Award. You Power of the Dog stance are going to be insanely insufferable everytime it loses something, ne???

The pot calling the kettle black. As if you haven’t been an insufferable Belfast stan all season long.

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

When I looked at the nominees last night, The Lost Daughter stood out to me as a likely winner at USC. I can’t even explain why. I, too, don’t think and have never believed Campion is locked in screenplay — a result of her being the far-and-away frontrunner in director IMO — but I will only predict an upset if BAFTA goes elsewhere. Its biggest challenger though is IMO easily Drive My Car, a movie that has the big three nominations but won’t win picture and director, which means this is the “best” place to reward it outside of International Feature. But it has to win BAFTA first. If Campion wins BAFTA, she will probably win the Oscar. I agree that The Lost Daughter not being a BP nominee will probably hurt it. (It was still a very deserving win here, though I preferred POTD’s and Passing’s scripts.)

The exaggerated reactions by people claiming it’s over for POTD are hilarious though (mainly on Twitter). Meanwhile, no one is talking about how it beat Dune at the British Society of Cinematographers and what that could mean. 🙃

Profile picture
    KidmanFTW
    Topics:
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

I’m the biggest TPOD fan here but the unexplainable happened. It got Jinxed. In real time. I can explain how it happened.

?

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Campion is the frontrunner by all means and I think Drive My Car can pull off a The Father if it wins BAFTA (in the sense that the frontunner gets awarded in Director while another deserving film gets Screenplay). I don’t think The Lost Daughter is likely at the Oscars (unless it surprises at BAFTA which
    don’t see happening at all due to Colman not being Top 2 there). I need to see TPOTD lose somewhere to Drive My Car to take Campion off the first spot.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Spoiler Alert!

Campion is winning Screenplay

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    MD
    Topics:

Campion is the frontrunner by all means and I think Drive My Car can pull off a The Father if it wins BAFTA (in the sense that the frontunner gets awarded in Director while another deserving film gets Screenplay). I don’t think The Lost Daughter is likely at the Oscars (unless it surprises at BAFTA which don’t see happening at all due to Colman not being Top 2 there). I need to see TPOTD lose somewhere to Drive My Car to take Campion off the first spot.

I do think Buckley was top 2 though.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I do think Buckley was top 2 though.

I think it’s a possibility but I firmly think Balfe (despite the Oscar snub) and DeBose were top 2 while Dench must have definitely been very close to a nomination. To me,Aunjanue Ellis as the top 2 (IF Leo was a jury pick) makes more sense (even though I firmly think she wasn’t top 2) to me than Buckley (since Colman missed).

Gaga was top 2 and she missed, so can’t see why Balfe can’t be the same.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022: Original Screenplay and Adapted Screenplay’ is closed to new replies.