Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022: Original Screenplay and Adapted Screenplay

Oscars 2022: Original Screenplay and Adapted Screenplay

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 515 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
JV
FreemanGriffin
  • Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:
    wolfali
    Topics:

Happy for Maggie. So deserved!

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

This is simply factually incorrect. Multiple adaptations of Ferrante’s books have been adapted on film. See Troubling Love (Mario Martone, 1995) and The Days of Abandonment (Roberto Faenza, 2005) as well as the television series, My Brilliant Friend (Saverio Costanzo, 2018).

It was a joke.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

In this thread I said a while ago that The Academy tends to spread the wealth when a sole writer is also the Director of a movie that’s going to win Best Picture (The Artist and Nomadland are probably the biggest examples). It sounds silly, but with the way Drive My Car is growing and the fact that it will be on HBO Max soon could give it a surge, indeed.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

I’m also considering switching to DMC or TLD. Between the globe, AACTA and now the USC loss, TPOTD has never seemed as strong in screenplay as it has in director and picture.

It also lost to TLD at Venice, but I’m not really sure that counts since they only give each film one award.

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

I just finished watching The French Dispatch and I’m scratching my head that it didn’t receive any Oscar nominations. I did adore the movie, especially the second story “Revisions to a Manifesto”. Reviewing the Oscar nominations again, I thought I would at least see it listed in Original Screenplay, Production Design, Costume Design and Cinematography. Seriously, Oscar branch voters. I think all the nominees for Production Design and Cinematography are worthy so I don’t know who I would switch out for Dispatch, but Costume Design and Screenplay should have been a given. IMHO!

Life is a thin thread.
    We hang on tightly knowing
    it will snap one day.

Profile picture
    TheLordMan
    Topics:

Because it wasn’t a good movie, dude. Anderson needs to do something different for once. TFD felt like that SNL parody of his films.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Was Drive My Car eligible for USC Scripter? It definitely would have won if it was; Murakami is REVERED by academic scholars.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

It was a joke.

Sorry I missed that. I don’t believe the two films, unlike the TV series, are particularly well known, in part because I don’t think Ferrante’s writing is easy to adapt for the screen, which is one of the reasons I think Gyllenhaal’s screenplay has received a great deal of praise.

There are a number of strong screenplays in contention and while I don’t think TLD will ultimately win the Oscar, I wouldn’t underestimate the genuine respect and goodwill that Gyllenhaal enjoys in the industry (especially among many actresses), and the fact that while opinion is divided, many are very passionate about her film, and view screenplay as the best place to reward it.

Profile picture
    Chevi
    Topics:

Was Drive My Car eligible for USC Scripter? It definitely would have won if it was; Murakami is REVERED by academic scholars.

No. It has to be English-language films.

Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

Maybe I’m a tad biased because I love the film but I am going to predict DRIVE MY CAR to take Screenplay over TPOTD.

Campion can get her due in Director.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I’m almost ready to predict King Richard to upset in Original Screenplay. Belfast has been flopping everywhere and I don’t think divisive films like DLU or LP will win, WPITW could, but KR is more of a BP contender.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I’m almost ready to predict King Richard to upset in Original Screenplay. Belfast has been flopping everywhere and I don’t think divisive films like DLU or LP will win, WPITW could, but KR is more of a BP contender.

King Richard is not happening in Original Screenplay in a million years. Literally no one is passionate about that film’s story or writing at all lol. Belfast has been flopping, which helps Licorice Pizza if it wins at WGA. Belfast would be entering the Oscars with 0 guild wins.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

King Richard is not happening in Original Screenplay in a million years. Literally no one is passionate about that film’s story or writing at all lol. Belfast has been flopping, which helps Licorice Pizza if it wins at WGA. Belfast would be entering the Oscars with 0 guild wins.

Letourneau Pizza won’t win the Oscar.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Letourneau Pizza won’t win the Oscar.

But it will. It’s going to win WGA and upset at BAFTA. Even them liked it more than Belchfast.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022: Original Screenplay and Adapted Screenplay’ is closed to new replies.