Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022: Original Screenplay and Adapted Screenplay

Oscars 2022: Original Screenplay and Adapted Screenplay

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 515 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
JV
FreemanGriffin
  • Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

You guys are so funny thinking that Pizza will be winning an Oscar for PTA. BAFTA means nothing considering they liked the film better than any American award counterpart.

Yeah, I still think Belfast will win OS. Pedo Pizza is too divisive.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

BAFTA could have given Belfast Original Screenplay as a coattail to its Best British Film win, but they didn’t. Belfast lost on home turf. It’s like when Brooklyn won Best British Film and ended up winning nothing at the Oscars.

Licorice Pizza is the frontrunner unless it loses at WGA.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

They are going to namecheck PTA, thank God. But I need WGA to feel more safe…

Profile picture
    kingfan011
    Topics:

BAFTA loved Licorice Pizza. Its win means nothing. And WGA means nothing since so many films are ineligible.

Why would it win when its  such a divisive film. Shouldn’t they wait for PTA to make a film that most people like.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I’ve lost confidence in DOG winning Adapted. The more I think about this set of nominees the more I keep circling back to DOG.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Profile picture
    Djoko
    Topics:

Since I’m a WGA voter my votes went to: Licorice Pizza for OS and Dune for AS. I would’ve voted for TPOTD for AS had it been eligible. My OS vote would’ve stayed the same even if Belfast was eligible. I thought Licorice Pizza was the best screenplay of the year. However, my top two movies of the year were 1. TPOTD and 2. Dune, which is why I went for Dune in AS. I’m only one vote so take it for what it’s worth. I would’ve let you know who my co-workers voted for, but none of them voted. I’m the only one who cares about awards, lol.

Profile picture
    Fitzgerald
    Topics:

BAFTA could have given Belfast Original Screenplay as a coattail to its Best British Film win, but they didn’t. Belfast lost on home turf. It’s like when Brooklyn won Best British Film and ended up winning nothing at the Oscars.

Licorice Pizza is the frontrunner unless it loses at WGA.

Yes, it is like Julie Christie losing BAFTA to Marion Cotillard. If even the home crowd allows their legends to lose in their Oscar competitive categories, chances are they are gonna lose the Oscar as well. I think PTA is winning Original Screenplay.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I can see King Richard be the second most awarded film of the night after Dune if the former ends up taking Actor, Editing and Song (maybe).

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

Profile picture
    TheLordMan
    Topics:

If PTA wins this, they should do a repeat of the Scorsese win by getting 3 filmmakers of his generation to present it to him. I’m thinking of Tarantino and Jonze (the Spielberg and Coppola) and Nolan (the Lucas).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

BAFTA loved Licorice Pizza. Its win means nothing.

And yet BAFTA also loved Belfast (nominating it in a category like editing and nominating Balfe) and Don’t Look Up (nominating Leo) so what’s your point?

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

I can see King Richard be the second most awarded film of the night after Dune if the former ends up taking Actor, Editing and Song (maybe).

Song could be an upset like last year when H.E.R. came out of the blue and won Original Song.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m torn with adapted screenplay. On the one hand I think CODA beating four screenplays at BAFTA that it is also up against at the Oscars is indicative of it taking home the Oscar prize but at the same time that win has generated so much flack that I wonder if the same voters who went out of their way to vote for Penelope Cruz and Kristen Stewart in actress and The Worst Person in the World in original screenplay after the precursor noms are going to rally around something like say Drive My Car even more now.

I think one thing we haven’t really discussed the possibility of is that Drive My Car, The Lost Daughter and The Power of the Dog‘s screenplay all have a lot of support but also all appeal to the same type of voter which is something that probably helped CODA at BAFTA and can help it win again here.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I’m torn with adapted screenplay. On the one hand I think CODA beating four screenplays at BAFTA that it is also up against at the Oscars is indicative of it taking home the Oscar prize but at the same time that win has generated so much flack that I wonder if the same voters who went out of their way to vote for Penelope Cruz and Kristen Stewart in actress and The Worst Person in the World in original screenplay after the precursor noms are going to rally around something like Drive My Car.

I think one thing we haven’t really discussed the possibility of is that Drive My Car, The Lost Daughter and The Power of the Dog‘s screenplay all have a lot of support but also all appeal to the same type of voter which is something that probably helped CODA at BAFTA and can help it win again here.

Yes. This category is crazy making.
    I’m sticking with TLD for now. But DOG might be a safer bet. Or is it?

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

BAFTA loved Licorice Pizza. Its win means nothing. And WGA means nothing since so many films are ineligible. Why would it win when its such a divisive film. Shouldn’t they wait for PTA to make a film that most people like.

Licorice Pizza is not divisive.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Final predictions;

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
    Will win: Drive My Car
    Could win: CODA / The Power of The Dog
    Should win: Drive My Car

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
    Will win: Licorice Pizza
    Could win: Belfast
    Should win: The Worst Person in The World

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022: Original Screenplay and Adapted Screenplay’ is closed to new replies.