Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022: Original Screenplay and Adapted Screenplay

Oscars 2022: Original Screenplay and Adapted Screenplay

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 515 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
JV
FreemanGriffin
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

PLUS I think Judas was the only BP film nominated in that category.

The Trial of the Chicago 7 was also nominated in original song but perhaps it’s a testament to how forgettable that song was that it lost haha…

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Roma stan
    Topics:

In my opinion, Ranked Predictions (in terms of likelihood to win): Original Screenplay 1. Belfast 2. Licorice Pizza 3. King Richard 4. Don’t Look Up 5. The Worst Person In The World Adapted Screenplay 1. CODA 2. Drive My Car 3. The Lost Daughter 4. The Power Of The Dog 5. Dune

Love your signature bestie. 

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I think I’m still doubtful the more arthouse-leaning Academy will allow CODA to win Adapted Screenplay, but I guess I also would’ve said the movie had no chance to win Screenplay at the BAFTAS and yet it did, so I guess it could win; I’m still going to predict TPOTD to win into the ceremony, though.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

I think I’m still doubtful the more arthouse-leaning Academy will allow CODA to win Adapted Screenplay, but I guess I also would’ve said the movie had no chance to win Screenplay at the BAFTAS and yet it did, so I guess it could win; I’m still going to predict TPOTD to win into the ceremony, though.

The idea of Drive My Car, The Lost Daugther and The Dog dividing the arthouse vote is quite appealing

We could say the same about Pizza facing The Worst Person at the Oscars, potentially benefiting Belfast. Potentially

Profile picture
    Damiansport1
    Topics:

I think I’m still doubtful the more arthouse-leaning Academy will allow CODA to win Adapted Screenplay, but I guess I also would’ve said the movie had no chance to win Screenplay at the BAFTAS and yet it did, so I guess it could win; I’m still going to predict TPOTD to win into the ceremony, though.

BAFTA is even more art-house leaning than AMPAS and yet CODA win, being so american and broad.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

BAFTA is even more art-house leaning than AMPAS and yet CODA win, being so american and broad.

I think, in general, I might agree, but in this specific year, the BAFTA longlist was a bellwether for how populist the winners would end up being. Meanwhile, AMPAS overall still went for some more arthouse and somewhat inspired picks that the BAFTAs contrastingly didn’t. Nevertheless, you’re right: CODA winning Screenplay here was very unexpected, so it cannot be ruled out; I have it in second.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Generally AMPAS and BAFTA go hand in hand when it comes to Adapted and Original Screenplay. It seems highly likely that Coda and Licorice Pizza are winning.

Yeah, i’m still hopeful for wild upsets by the only two all-time great screenplays in the bunch – DMC and TWPITW – but Coda and LP seem likeliest now.

FYC
    Best Picture: "Showing Up" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Kelly Reichardt; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Michelle Williams; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Hong Chau, Heather Lawless, Amanda Plummer; Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Judd Hirsch, Andre Benjamin, John Magaro; Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Kelly Reichardt, Jonathan Raymond
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

While I think CODA is winning Adapted, I’m not exactly convinced about Licorice Pizza because Licorice Pizza was much more beloved by BAFTA than by AMPAS. At BAFTA Licorice Pizza got Film (in a field of five), Actress, Director Paul, Screenplay and EDITING. At the Oscars it got just Screenplay, Director and Picture. Belfast at BAFTA got just 4 or 5 non-jury noms (not including British Film) whereas it got 7 at the Oscars.

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Licorice Pizza‘s nominations in BAFTA categories with jury involvement (2): Actress, Director
    Licorice Pizza‘s nominations in non juried BAFTA caegories (3): Film, Original Screenplay, Editing

Belfast‘s nominations in BAFTA categories with jury involvement (2): S. Actress, S. Actor
    Belfast‘s nominations in non juried BAFTA categories (3): Film, Original Screenplay, Editing

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Licorice Pizza‘s nominations in BAFTA categories with jury involvement (2): Actress, Director Licorice Pizza‘s nominations in non juried BAFTA caegories (3): Film, Original Screenplay, Editing Belfast‘s nominations in BAFTA categories with jury involvement (2): S. Actress, S. Actor Belfast‘s nominations in non juried BAFTA categories (3): Film, Original Screenplay, Editing

wait supporting actor was a jury pick ? does he fit the jury critea ? because if it wasn’t for the british branch he wouldn’t even make it at Ampas lol

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Sorry, but I’m not gonna bet against LP with BAFTA+WGA (I don’t think it’s losing there). Same with CODA. I really hope I’m wrong about the latter and an upset happens with TPOTD winning BP and being strong enough to take this category as well.

Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

When is WGA? Praying to the gods a miracle happens and CODA doesn’t win.

Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

The Trial of the Chicago 7 was also nominated in original song but perhaps it’s a testament to how forgettable that song was that it lost haha…

Crap, I forgot about that.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022: Original Screenplay and Adapted Screenplay’ is closed to new replies.