Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 501 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kamila
Moviebuff22
BoBo
  • Profile picture
    Ava96
    Topics:

TPOTD’s star: Benedict Cumberbatch
    TTB’s star: Andrew Garfield
    KR’s Star: Aunjanue Ellis
    The Tragedy of Macbeth’s star: Kathryn Hunter

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

TPOTD’s star: Benedict Cumberbatch TTB’s star: Andrew Garfield KR’s Star: Aunjanue Ellis The Tragedy of Macbeth’s star: Kathryn Hunter

*TPOTD’s star: Jane Campion and Kodi Smit-McPhee

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

It would be amazing if Joaquin Phoenix could get nominated for C’mon C’mon, its such a shame that this man never campaigns. That’s okay for big movies like Joker but not these small, independent movies. He’s truly such a gifted actor – the best of his generation. He should have 4 Oscars by now if the award was actually about acting and not politics or ass-kissing. He deserved to win for Gladiator, Walk the Line, The Master and Her. I hope the Ridley Scott movie gets him back in the conversation and the studio forces him to campaign for that one (and he refrains from calling awards bullsh*t).

Joaquin calling award shows bullshit was never a problem for him to get a nomination, same with Oldman and many others,lol,i remember the dirty campaign they tried to do against him when he was the frontrunner for Joker, I’m glad the Academy never bought that bullshit the media had against him and his movie.

Profile picture
    Ava96
    Topics:

*TPOTD’s star: Jane Campion and Kodi Smit-McPhee

Nope

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

TPOTD’s star: Benedict Cumberbatch
    TTB’s star: Andrew Garfield
    KR’s Star: Aunjanue Ellis
    The Tragedy of Macbeth’s star: Kathryn Hunter

Cumberbatch may have the most screen time and play the center role in the story but he is outshined by his co-stars. As his old fan, I thought this performance was easily gonna win him a due Oscars because TPOTD is our top BP contender and the entire film revolves around his character, but I was not so sure after watching the film.

I want him to have an Oscars so much, but not for this performance tbh. (Lol last time I had this strange feeling is for Glenn Close in “The Wife”…

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

TPOTD’s star: Benedict Cumberbatch TTB’s star: Andrew Garfield KR’s Star: Aunjanue Ellis The Tragedy of Macbeth’s star: Kathryn Hunter

Kodi Smit-McPhee ate in TPOTD. Cumberbatch was good but in my honest opinion McPhee outsold. Every time he was on screen he was stealing it.

Profile picture
    deemura
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Tpotd’s star: Benedict Cumberbatch 💁🏽‍♀️</p>

Profile picture
    snowball
    Topics:

Bardem getting in over Cage, Rex or Nishijima is plain awful. But it is what it is.

Profile picture
    Ava96
    Topics:

I’m sorry but gold derby members are the only ones who think Cumberbatch has been outshined by anyone!
    Reviews, people’s reactions, tweets… 90% are talking about him not Kodi and specially not Kirsten!:))
    Kodi is sweeping because he doesn’t have strong competitors.

Profile picture
    Ava96
    Topics:

number 20

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js number 20

Aah that famed precursor the North Dakota Film Society!

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    superbrats
    Topics:

Bardem getting in over Cage, Rex or Nishijima is plain awful. But it is what it is.

I still don’t think he’s getting in. No way SAG will get the five nominees right (hopefully lol).

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

I still don’t think he’s getting in. No way SAG will get the five nominees right (hopefully lol).

Well, SAG got it right last season. We could still see a repeat unfortunately.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

They got them last year (I think I predicted Tahar Rahim over Steven Yeun based on this logic). But it’s true that it’s more usual for SAG to miss at least one Oscar nominee.

Profile picture
    superbrats
    Topics:

Well, SAG got it right last season. We could still see a repeat unfortunately.

They got them last year (I think I predicted Tahar Rahim over Steven Yeun based on this logic). But it’s true that it’s more usual for SAG to miss at least one Oscar nominee.

Yeah, they could predict all five Oscar nominees like last year. But this year the 5th spot is so open that I think it’s more unlikely that it’ll be the same person for SAG and the Academy.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.