Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 501 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kamila
Moviebuff22
BoBo
  • Profile picture
    Frank2803
    Topics:

This was a surprise? Was Captain Fantastic a surprise? Serious question because I wasn’t active then yet. Anyway Sean Penn in that movie he made with his daughter (????)

Yea Tommy Lee Jones nod was a surprise.

He wasn’t nominated for the SAG or Golden Globe so it threw everyone for a loop

Profile picture
    Nina76
    Topics:

Also, did I miss the SAG ceremony? Will still hasn’t won.

Hello, everyone! Veery long time lurker, I have finally found the time to post. 🙂

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    BoBo
    Topics:

No, Will Smith is the frontrunner because he’s been one of the industry’s biggest movie stars for the last 3 decades and there’s a consensus is forming that it’s “his time”.

Profile picture
    Nina76
    Topics:

True, he’s the frontrunner, but there’s no need for some users to be hyperbolic while writing about other contenders. Like it or not, at the moment, Cumberbatch is possibly second. Of course, things might change, the season is still long, but to state that he has no industry support is disingenuous and false.

Also: are Golden Globes voted by industry people or a group of journalists from all over the world?

Profile picture
    Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

True, he’s the frontrunner, but there’s no need for some users to be hyperbolic while writing about other contenders. Like it or not, at the moment, Cumberbatch is possibly second. Of course, things might change, the season is still long, but to state that he has no industry support is disingenuous and false. Also: are Golden Globes voted by industry people or a group of journalists from all over the world?

Journalists. I believe 90 person membership? Im too lazy to look it up lol

Profile picture
    silvestre
    Topics:

Will and Cumberbatch are neck-to-neck as frontrunners, Smith is consistently showing up at televised just as expected, Cumberbatch nailed critics just as expected, Smith is an industry giant, Cumberbatch has Spiderman visibility… SAG will tell us where to go. Garfield could be a dark horse and the late critics wins sure help him, but his film is probably missing Picture as Gucci is starting to look more consistent as the tenth spot.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Beastialg
    Topics:

I didn’t like Denzel’s performance in Macbeth (and I actually liked the movie). Too many of his usual acting mannerisms that bothered me for this specific role. He didn’t embodied the character at all. I wouldn’t mind if he gets snub to make room for people like Simon Rex or Joaquin Phoenix.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I didn’t like Denzel’s performance in Macbeth (and I actually liked the movie). Too many of his usual acting mannerisms that bothered me for this specific role. He didn’t embodied the character at all. I wouldn’t mind if he gets snub to make room for people like Simon Rex or Joaquin Phoenix.

keep dreaming honey

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Will Smith is the frontrunner? Because he won the Globe?

The Globes are pretty irrelevant this year. Razzies should be the new precursor darling.

For Your Consideration Darling

Lead Actress

Michelle 'Crazy Talented' Yeoh
    EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE

Tang Wei
    DECISION TO LEAVE

Nicole Kidman
    THE NORTHMAN

Supporting Actor & Actress

Ke Huy Quan
    Stephanie Hsu
    Jamie Lee Curtis
    EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE

Profile picture
    a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

BEST ACTOR
    Nicolas Cage – Pig
    Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power of the Dog
    Andrew Garfield – tick, tick…BOOM!
    Oscar Isaac – The Card Counter
    Hidetoshi Nishijima – Drive My Car

OFCS noms kind of serving this year, ngl.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Honestly, I know this shoudlnt be related but if the Academy snubbed Stewart and give Smith the win it would be a crime. Smith shameless Oscar chasing with things like Seven Pounds, Concussion and Collateral Beauty is as bad as Stewart’s Twillight days

I don’t see it that way, and I bet the industry doesn’t either.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    ravenprince22
    Topics:

But he won’t. His performance was great.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.