Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 501 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kamila
Moviebuff22
BoBo
  • Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Lol denzels mannerisms…plz elaborate. Because you can say the same thing about alot of actors nominated this year

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Honestly, I know this shoudlnt be related but if the Academy snubbed Stewart and give Smith the win it would be a crime. Smith shameless Oscar chasing with things like Seven Pounds, Concussion and Collateral Beauty is as bad as Stewart’s Twillight days

Yes because the sins of actor’s past should haunt them THIS go around right?

two wrongs don’t make a right. Stewart’s awards fate is just that. HER awards fate. It has absolutely nothing to do with Will Smith and this post screams “If the white woman couldn’t get it then how DARE the black man even be in the room.”

Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

Honestly, I know this shoudlnt be related but if the Academy snubbed Stewart and give Smith the win it would be a crime. Smith shameless Oscar chasing with things like Seven Pounds, Concussion and Collateral Beauty is as bad as Stewart’s Twillight days

What does Will Smith have to do with Kristen Stewart?

Profile picture
    Topics:

I didn’t like Denzel’s performance in Macbeth (and I actually liked the movie). Too many of his usual acting mannerisms that bothered me for this specific role. He didn’t embodied the character at all. I wouldn’t mind if he gets snub to make room for people like Simon Rex or Joaquin Phoenix.

You didn’t like Denzel’s performance FINE but explain yourself about his acting mannerism please?????   And if you think he’s gonna get snubbed, guess again!  BAFTA will face serious criticism if they snub him again and I see him making the Oscar nominations!

Profile picture
    Beastialg
    Topics:

Some people need to calm down. First of all I think Denzel is a great actor and I’m NOT predicting Denzel to be snubbed. I just didn’t like his performance that’s all.

I agreed that most actors have tics and acting mannerism (or even “play themselves”) and sometimes this is distracting and sometimes not. This is Macbeth, an iconic scottish character, and all I could see was Denzel Washington reading Shakespear. Same tone, same vocals, same accent, same expressions he does in most of his movies.

He is mostly a natural actor rather than a technical actor and again for me, for this type of character, it doesn’t work.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Smith’s film is nominated for Ensemble which means they value it more than Cumberbatch’s and you’re delusional if you think Garfield is winning SAG against Will Smith

TPOTD received three acting nominations. It was “valued” just fine. And anyone who has followed SAG and the Ensemble nominees knows it doesn’t make or break a movie’s value when it comes to the Oscars.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

That’s weird logic to pit TPOTD and KR against each other based on SAG anyway, considering a lot of people thought Dunst would be snubbed and Ellis ended up being the one who missed. There are good reasons for why TPOTD wasn’t considered for Ensemble. It pretty much got everything it was supposed to.

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

I will never for the life of me understand what this whole concept of actors “playing themselves means.I understand thinking that actors deliver one note oriented performances ( Reese Witherspoon in all her 2020 emmy contending perfomances) but how well do we even know actors to tell that they are playing versions of themselves.

Profile picture
    distain
    Topics:

Meanwhile, acclaimed actress Ellen Barkin is tweeting that she can’t stop watching The Tragedy Of Macbeth because of what she calls Denzel’s “masterclass in Shakespeare” performance. Lol!

I suspect Denzel is much closer to potentially winning the Oscar than being snubbed. Actors know what they are watching. Washington gives an incredible interpretation of the role.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

Denzel becoming more of a contender could make this race really interesting if he takes votes away from actors above him, especially since TTOM looks closer to a BP nod

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Some people need to calm down. First of all I think Denzel is a great actor and I’m NOT predicting Denzel to be snubbed. I just didn’t like his performance that’s all. I agreed that most actors have tics and acting mannerism (or even “play themselves”) and sometimes this is distracting and sometimes not. This is Macbeth, an iconic scottish character, and all I could see was Denzel Washington reading Shakespear. Same tone, same vocals, same accent, same expressions he does in most of his movies. He is mostly a natural actor rather than a technical actor and again for me, for this type of character, it doesn’t work.

But that’s not really how Shakespeare usually goes, though. I’ve seen plenty of Shakespeare—you don’t need to put on accents or make big loud Actor Choices to do well. You just need to connect to the emotional truth of the material, and Denzel does that.

Profile picture
    Zuranthium
    Topics:

Denzel DIDN’T connect to the emotion of the material, nor the character relationships. That is exactly the problem.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Denzel has been promoting this a lot lately. He’s definitely going to get a ton of votes. The race isn’t over yet. It would be crazy if Denzel wins the Oscar unexpectedly exactly 20 years after his first Best Actor trophy. Will Smith was also up for the trophy that year.

Profile picture
    Topics:

I’m glad to be hearing positive things about Denzel Washington.  I thought he was pretty good and could be a threat!

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

One of the footballers in Ted Lasso is called Bumbercatch! 🤣🤣🤣

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.