Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 405 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
5 hours ago
replies
views
users
kamila
Moviebuff22
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

People are lazy and chose Javier Bardem because the Aaron Sorkin’s dogshit movie is one of the few movies they watched. I bet they didn’t watch “Red Rocket” or “C’mon C’mon”. I have no idea who’s getting the fifth spot between DiCaprio, Dinklage and Bardem at this point.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I feel like Bardem is just a SAG thing, and i think Dinklage Oscars wise.

Don’t Look Up is getting bigger and bigger in terms of audience, i think DLU will overperform come Oscars nomination morning and DiCaprio still takes the fifth spot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

This is more of Smith vs. Garfield than Smith vs. Cumberbatch, I think.

No, it’s not. Smith is not losing SAG and Cumberbatch is taking the BAFTA. It is what it has always been from the beginning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

The wide open 5th spot leaves room for a passion pick a la Dafoe for A Eternity’s Gate, Javier Bardem for Biutiful and Gary Oldman for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

Gotta keep an eye on BAFTA noms. Mahershala Ali and Joaquin Phoenix, especially.

Bardem looks like a classic snub, like John David Washington or Christian Bale (Ford v Ferrari).

I think the opposite of the people here. Dinklage still has a shot as his movie has still time to build up steam (it hasn’t been released yet). DiCaprio is the one that I don’t think is happening anymore as Don’t Look Up UNDERPERFORMED.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

TTB did better at BAFTA than I would’ve expected and gave Garfield the second listing for Tammy Faye. Cumberbatch didn’t have a shot at two since he’s also lead in The Electrical Life of Louis Wain.

It was nice to at least see Phoenix longlisted.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

No, it’s not. Smith is not losing SAG and Cumberbatch is taking the BAFTA. It is what it has always been from the beginning.

Or, perhaps, Smith vs Garfield?

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MD
    Topics:

There’s no excuse for Ellis to miss SAG and despite what you say KR did not overperform at BAFTA. It’s showing was decent. With Ellis being so vulnerable I expect KR to underperform at the Oscars so Smith is not a slam dunk.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

There’s no excuse for Ellis to miss SAG and despite what you say KR did not overperform at BAFTA. It’s showing was decent. With Ellis being so vulnerable I expect KR to underperform at the Oscars so Smith is not a slam dunk.

KR got an ensemble nomination though?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

Smith is a slam-dunk, chil guys.

Also, Garfield can win BAFTA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    snowball
    Topics:

I feel like Garfield winning is just a pipe dream. I don’t even think Tick Tick…Boom is getting nominated for BP anymore. I would prefer him over Smith though.

But the last stand is really Cumberbatch so pray.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

Bardem was, excuse my language, dogshit in BTR so I would absolutely take an 87th Leo nomination if that’s what it takes to leave him out at the Oscars.

Preach. Leo getting in would still be BS but I would take that 100 times before Bardem in that god awful performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

Please shut up.  KR did pretty well at BAFTA longlist.  I think Smith is STILL a slam dunk.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Beastialg
    Topics:

After SAG noms and BAFTA shortlist:

1) Will Smith
    2) Benedict Cumberbatch
    3) Andrew Garfield
    4) Denzel Washington
    5) Javier Bardem

4 locks and the 5th spot up to grabs. Javier seems the most likely after today, but it would be sad for him to get in for such a mediocre performance. Love him, but him as Desi was terrible casting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

We may very well get a 100-1 shot surprise Best Actor nomination for that fifth slot. I would LOVE it if it could be Simon Rex for Red Rocket!!!

I have no idea who is getting that fifth slot. I really thought SAG was going to clear it all up but NO! (;

And I am really unhappy that Cyrano has been pushed back yet another week for opening here. Is this movie EVER going to show up?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Pierce
    Topics:

SAG loved Don’t Look Up to nominate it in ensemble, but not enough to nominate any of the individual actors despite the whole movie being SAG bait. Not sure if Leo stands a chance to be nominated at the Oscars anymore. Bardem is definitely a dark horse for the 5th slot now that Kidman is the frontrunner for Best Actress.

Hm….

SAG did the same thing with American Hustle, which I think is the obvious parallel to Don’t Look Up.

DiCaprio can still get in.

Especially as it looks unlikely that Bardem gets in for Ricardos and that Cyrano is not likely for a Best Picture nomination or anything above the line other than Dinklage.

I suppose it’s possible that somehow either Bradley Cooper or Nicolas Cage gets the fifth slot at the Oscars, as a “BIG SURPRISE”.

A very annoying young man, who loves cinema. 🙂

Twitter: https://twitter.com/pierce_sir
    Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/11higuys/

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 405 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.