Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 501 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kamila
Moviebuff22
Bohemian Bovine
  • Profile picture
    Jordan_Pack
    Topics:

I want Garfield to win

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

Will Smith gave a very adequate performance. It’s by no means bad, and by no means great. I think his time should come when he does something great.

The difficult thing with the “overdue” win is that you probably should still be in the top 2 performances in the category.

Julianne Moore did that, and a lot of people still say she was the best that year anyway. I’d argue DiCaprio did it too even though it’s so far from his best ever. I’d rather see what Will does with Emancipation when it comes out. I genuinely don’t think he’s even top 3 in this lineup.

Profile picture
    Nina76
    Topics:

Does anybody think that either Leonardo DiCaprio or Bradley Cooper will surpise on nomination morning?

Leo is well liked and respected by everyone and his movie is the most successful movie on Netflix EVER!OH! And everyone is talking about it these days, by the way!

Bradley got a best actor nomination for American Sniper and his movie back then was not exactly a critics´darling either…

I am not saying that both can get in. I am saying that either can!

It would not shock me. About Cooper’s nomination for American Sniper, I distinctly remember other actors (Leo, Josh Brolin, Robert De Niro) campaigning on his behalf since he was doing theater in London at the time, I am not seeing that kind of support now. AMPAS clearly likes to nominate him, so who knows?

Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

Does anybody think that either Leonardo DiCaprio or Bradley Cooper will surpise on nomination morning? Leo is well liked and respected by everyone and his movie is the most successful movie on Netflix EVER!OH! And everyone is talking about it these days, by the way! Bradley got a best actor nomination for American Sniper and his movie back then was not exactly a critics´darling either… I am not saying that both can get in. I am saying that either can!

I’ve been predicting DiCaprio to take the fifth Actor slot for many months now. Positive it’ll happen…

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.” 🎥

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

the odds below Nicolas Cage are a mess… I really think we will be surprised by a passion pick on Oscar morning.

Leo is possible, and I wouldn’t mind it, but the SAG snub is unexplainable

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

Yeah, the fifth spot is a tough one….which could possibly lead to someone surprising getting nominated. I have DiCaprio for now…

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Now having seen Cyrano, I hope Peter Dinklage pulls off the nomination, BUT… I could totally see why he wouldn’t.

The movie itself is okay/good… not amazing. I can totally see voters either not watching it or turning off their screeners of it early. The role is obviously very personal to him and one only he could play… and he is very good, so I hope he gets the nom.

For me, unless his buzz goes up, I think the smarter bet for a prediction of that 5th slot would be either Javier Bardem or Leo.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

American Sniper was a massive box office hit and had Clint Eastwood. Cooper’s already on his way to sneaking into Supporting. I don’t think Licorice Pizza has enough juice to push him into this race too, and Nightmare Alley definitely can’t do it on its own.

BAFTA could help out some people like Phoenix, Dinklage, or maybe even Ali.

Profile picture
    Zuranthium
    Topics:

You are clearly in the very small minority that disliked Denzel’s performance.

It’s not a very small minority. I’ve already talked about the numerous reviews that feel the same way, and his lackluster performance with critics groups, which people around here love to reference. The point being – let’s stop acting like he is a universally raved lock.

Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

7/8 of Denzel’s acting nominations were from non-BP nominees and he’s only missed once when he had a globe nom. Tragedy of MacBeth looks like it’ll get more noms than half of Denzel’s other movies where he got an acting nom so I doubt he’s missing if he didn’t miss for the others.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Do you think he would have been better than Bardem? I do!

Profile picture
    Baroque
    Topics:

Do you think he would have been better than Bardem? I do! 

Oooooh.

That said, my reaction is almost always going to be, “What do you think about Oscar Isaac instead of—” “Yes.”

FYC: 🐕 & 🐖

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Oooooh. That said, my reaction is almost always going to be, “What do you think about Oscar Isaac instead of—” “Yes.”

Exactly! This is a dog year, but normally I’m a cat person…

Profile picture
    a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

My bias aside (hated, hated Bardem in BTR), Oscar Isaac is 1) actually Cuban, 2) naturally musical, 3) more charismatic than Bardem, and 4) has a closer physical resemblance so there’s no hesitance to say yes.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.