Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 501 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kamila
Moviebuff22
BoBo
  • Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

Oscar deserves a nom for The Card Counter this year more than Bardem anyways.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Now I’m trying to imagine Oscarito singing that chick-chicky boom song… 😂😍

Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

Do you think he would have been better than Bardem? I do! https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

We could have had it all

Jodie Comer supremacy

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

Finding out we could have had Oscar as Desi…my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Not only would Oscar Isaac have out-acted Bardem’s brownface performance with ease, but Isaac is actually Cuban, like the real Desi Arnaz.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ve never been that big a fan of Peter Dinklage (he won too many Emmys for GoT) and I thought Cyrano was quite flawed as a film but I have to say it would be really cringey if Bardem gets nominated over him lol.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

I finally saw Pig. Really nice and interesting film, made me emotional a couple of times.

Nicolas Cage is fantastic in it and would be a great and inspired nominee. However only Critics Choice, no BAFTA longlist, not a single trifecta, not even Indie Spirit. That makes me sad.

I really don’t want to hear Bardem’s name on Oscar morning… rooting for Cage and Simon Rex. Hopefully one of them can get enough #1s to get in.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

If he was, he would have swept up some of these critics awards to go along with his starfucking Globe. But his whole push has been about him being in a “feel good” movie and the fact that he’s overdue. Take away that, and he’s nothing against Cumberbatch, Washington or Garfield. Other actors in this race have received more acclaim. Smith playing Richard Williams in a Lifetime-like movie is hardly a “masterclass of acting.”

You can doubt Will’s chances all you want but King Richard was not a Lifetime-like movie. Stop.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

You can doubt Will’s chances all you want but King Richard was not a Lifetime-like movie. Stop.

Right, Lifetime movies are sometimes interesting.

Profile picture
    The Queen
    Topics:

King Richard is a well-made but aggressively straightforward sports biopic that has no business of being an Oscar contender outside of acting (and even there, I don’t really think it’s that deserving). It is better than many movies in contention this year, but my god is it just average. The only reason this is so high in people’s predictions is that the film festival people hyped to this death because they think they know Oscars voters so well (lmao) — looking at Scott Feinberg. Smith is good, but this performance is so 2010, aka boring. Ellis is great but meh. I liked Saniyya in it, but the script doesn’t give her much to work with.

Definitely one of the most overhyped movies of the year — but still better than Belsnore, Don’t Look Up (#absolutetrash) etc.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Speaking of King Richard,it will be a massive embarrassment for the Academy if Aunjanue Ellis misses while the film gets nominated for Original Screenplay.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Speaking of King Richard,it will be a massive embarrassment for the Academy if Aunjanue Ellis misses while the film gets nominated for Original Screenplay.

Tbh it will be embarrassing if that film is recognised with a Picture nomination and she isn’t considering she was by far the MVP of it.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

You guys are acting like King Richard is a Blind Side type mess, when it’s nothing of the sort!

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

It’s not a mess—it’s blandly competent. That doesn’t mean it’s good.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.