Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 501 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kamila
Moviebuff22
BoBo
  • Profile picture
    UmOkaaayyyyy
    Topics:

King Richard was a very good film and Smith’s performance in it was wonderful and certainly worthy of all the award nominations and Oscar talk…
    Do I think he should win? No. Andrew Garfield should win in a landslide. But Smith was great and would be a fine winner. Cumberbatch would also be a good winner. Denzel would also be a good winner (even if I hated his movie, his acting was good)…. So, let’s just all calm down and realize all these men are great actors with great performances who deserve the recognition.

Nom predix:
    Bardem
    Cumberbatch
    Garfield (winner)
    Smith
    Washington
    ~
    6. DiCaprio
    7. Dinklage

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Smith needed the movie to be a hit at least to support his alleged ‘overdue superstar narrative’, both streaming and box office wise, he has basically nothing going on for him, his frontrunner status was only pundits hype.

Profile picture
    The Oscarguy
    Topics:

Smith needed the movie to be a hit at least to support his alleged ‘overdue superstar narrative’, both streaming and box office wise, he has basically nothing going on for him, his frontrunner status was only pundits hype.

He won the Globe though.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

He has the NBR and Globe though? And he’s the only Best Actor at SAG with a dual Ensemble nomination? It’s not just pundit hype like KStew.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I keep saying this… as Ive said the dislike for the Pursuit of Tennis is understandable but he definitely has a good shot especially with the industry. It was a given he was never going to do remotely well with critics (not that someone like freaking Will Smith needs it) Funny how when Kidman won the Globe people are calling her the frontrunner, but for Smith the GG, and a SAG nomination + ensemble means nothing. Lmfao

People just hate Will Smith here ☠️

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

I’ve finally seen Great Freedom and Franz Rogowski should be sweeping (sorry Cumberbatch). It’s a crime that the movie will be ignored outside international film categories due to foreign language performance bias in the industry.

I think this will be eligible this year (2022), unless Great Freedom gets into International (would be deserving!).

Profile picture
    Flickchick
    Topics:

Just saw Tick, Tick Boom last night and it’s mind blowing that Garfield isn’t walking away with this.

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

I  still cannot believe that Bardem is even in the conversation, I cannot stress just how much I disliked the film and its awful script. I  am just hoping that for once the oscar would actually ignore mediocrity snub the entire film. I also just realised how strong last year lineup for Best actor was, all the nominees in that category would have made such fine winners. In fact, I think if Denzel, Smith, Andrew and Ben were competing that year, none of them would have made it in,
    EDIT : Ben would have definitely made it in, just know who he would have replaced between Steven and Oldman. The other 3 were locked

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

Funny how when Kidman won the Globe people are calling her the frontrunner, but for Smith the GG, and a SAG nomination + ensemble means nothing. Lmfao

It’s because Will’s not going to be win-competitive at BAFTA and could miss there entirely when 2-3 of his competitors will get in.

Profile picture
    The Queen
    Topics:

Benedict would bave definitely made it. I know people probably don’t agree, but I think his performance is fucking extraordinary. So layered. He deserves to win the Oscar.

Profile picture
    Moviebuff22
    Topics:

People now believe anytime a British actor beats the favorite in BAFTA, that they’re winning the Oscar. They are called upsets for a reason. This isn’t the norm

Profile picture
    Moviebuff22
    Topics:

He won the Globe though.

And he’s won NBR, one of the biggest critic awards. When he wins SAG it’ll be the same narrative. All of a sudden bafta is the only award that matters lol

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

And he’s won NBR, one of the biggest critic awards. When he wins SAG it’ll be the same narrative. All of a sudden bafta is the only award that matters lol

People won’t treat the SAG like NBR if he wins because SAG has Academy overlap. Meanwhile the NBR has only gotten it right on Actor once since 2010. And the one time they got it right was with Affleck, who dominated critics.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.