Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 501 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kamila
Moviebuff22
BoBo
  • Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

I doubt it. Tick, tick…BOOM! is likely to miss picture. Only twice in the past 15 years has the best actor winner’s picture failed to get nominated, and they were Jeff Bridges for Crazy Heart and Forrest Whitaker for The Last King of Scotland. Garfield is great as Larson, and certainly has his passionate fans. He should be safe for his second nomination. He has maybe a 5% to actually win though. I see an elephant in the room that stands in the way of Garfield, Cumberbatch, Bardem, Dinklage, and any other Caucasian contender from winning this year: A certain screen legend just died.

The Hilarity of the thought that dead black men could influence voting when Chadwick Boseman couldn’t even win last year lets me know that a large portion of (WHITE) people REALLY have to make up any and every bullshit excuse to be able to rationalize how a black actor could possibly come out victorious.

What was your theory on how Sidney Poitier  won his Oscar in 64? Was it an industry wide conspiracy to punish caucasian actors for the murders of Charles Eddie Moore and Henry Dee?

How about Denzel in 2002? Let me guess, it was the spirit of Aaliyah who blocked all of those wildly deserving caucasian actors so that Denzel could swoop in and claim victory. Mystery solved!

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I have a feeling it will be Bardem

I have a feeling it will be DiCaprio

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Yup. But still in the last 15 years, 2/3 of all Best Actress winners were in a Best Picture contender. Marion Cotillard, Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett, Julianne Moore, Renee Zellweger were the five whose picture missed.

Now do the men’s stats.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

With TTB’s PGA nom, the chances of an Andrew upset have gone from 0.5% to 1%!

Johnny Depp is a wifebeater.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Not-really-Cuban Pete aka Bardem is coming for that 5th spot I’m afraid. 😩

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

I’m the one who thinks BTR is not bad and even I don’t know what Bardem did in that film deserves a nom lol.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Watcher
    Topics:

Adam Driver getting the Cesar best actor nom for Annette is so well deserved. The film is kinda nuts but his performance was incredible. If he actually wins the Cesar he could be an outside the box passion pick for the fifth Oscar slot, esp given how weak some of the competition for the fifth is.

Also I hope he wins the Cesar because having been nominated for multiple Oscars, GGs, BAFTAs, Tony and Emmys and now Cesar and not a single win is an insanely brutal record for someone that talented. I mean he has a Volpi Cup I guess but, damn.

Amazon is campaigning like crazy for The Ricardos though and isn’t remotely interested in pushing Annette despite it’s 11 Cesar noms. However the Academy is a lot more international now – it’s an outside pick for the fifth slot but I wouldn’t totally write it off.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

If McKay gets the DGA spot, DiCaprio is in.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

tick, tick…BOOM! just got PGA and WGA noms and will most likely get a DGA First-Feature nom … looks like Garfield has that Best Picture Nom Anchor!!

ttb haters seethe

Letterboxd: Brayfers

Multi-Grammy Winning Artist - Olivia Rodrigo

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

All the experts adding Bardem after PGA reveal. 😭

I think the fifth spot is between him and DiCaprio.

Profile picture
    Moviebuff22
    Topics:

Yeah switching back to Leo for 5th spot

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

I love how we disagree on a lot of things but we can all agree that Bardem shouldn’t even be in the conversation for the tenth spot

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Still 50-50 for the fifth spot, lool.

My guts say DiCaprio, the head says Bardem.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

People predict Leo on the heels of DLU being a bigger Best Picture Frontrunner, but honestly if you have seen both DLU and BTR, you get that BTR is a Kidman-Bardem movie, while DLU is an ensemble movie, with that in mind, Leo doesn’t seem as standout or he is not doing something showy like Bardem. DLU has bigger buzz, so yes it is 50-50 for that 5th spot.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.