Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kamila
Moviebuff22
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    Watcher
    Topics:

I’d wait for BAFTA noms – Bardem and Dicaprio won’t both make it in as they will fill space with a U.K. lower popularity passion pick, so whichever one of them gets in the 6 there is your Oscar 5th.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

2002 Oscars > Waiting for the 2022 pics

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I’d wait for BAFTA noms – Bardem and Dicaprio won’t both make it in as they will fill space with a U.K. lower popularity passion pick, so whichever one of them gets in the 6 there is your Oscar 5th.

It’s almost impossible either will make it in.

Profile picture
    m_butterfly
    Topics:

Maybe they should just nominate Lakeith again but in the right category this time. I wouldn’t mind honestly.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

2002 Oscars > Waiting for the 2022 pics

the lady in the middle literally looks like she’s NEVER seen a black person before LMAO

Profile picture
    Moviebuff22
    Topics:

So Scott Feinberg’s latest forecast has Bradley Cooper taking Denzel’s spot for Nightmare Alley, and getting double dominations for that and Licorice Pizza. That seems pretty out of nowhere. He has Bardem in as well

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

So Scott Feinberg’s latest forecast has Bradley Cooper taking Denzel’s spot for Nightmare Alley, and getting double dominations for that and Licorice Pizza. That seems pretty out of nowhere. He has Bardem in as well

Say what you will about the Oscar Expert boys, but their predictions are at least mostly based in facts and not in wild randomness. The constant hopedicting by many pundits is soooo annoying. What evidence is there to suggest Cooper for Nightmare Alley at all? Weak film, no precursor noms, not even BAFTA longlist. The audacity to actually get paid for writing stuff like this.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    superbrats
    Topics:

I’m hoping WILL SMITH wins as this year is oh so white. If we are going to get representation anywhere in this Caucasian Award Show, this will definitely be the category to do so.

Ariana DeBose is winning Supporting Actress (I’m not saying this is enough representation lol just that Will Smith is not the only possible poc winner in the acting categories).

Profile picture
    Tasiandee
    Topics:

No black man has won this thing since 2006, Let will have his moment.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

If Emilia Jones was a boy I’d totally predict her to get that 5th slot because of how CODA is peaking on visibility right now. Best Actress is just too stacked of big names for her to get in. Her, Alana Haim and Zegler would totally have gotten nominations last year (not all of them though).

I was thinking of Cooper Hoffman but his performance doesn’t seem to have much passion.

I’m actively considering Jude Hill now, with Belfast being a TOP 3 contender and one of the most widely seen movies of the race.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I’m actively considering Jude Hill now, with Belfast being a TOP 3 contender and one of the most widely seen movies of the race.

Also the film is peaking at this time with a great box office run in UK (and twitter reactions from the non-award audience is stellar). But does that mean Judi Dench needs to be considered too?

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Jude Hill literally missed the BAFTA longlist…

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

Yeah there isn’t a Cruz-like actor that has a longshot of getting in after missing the BAFTA longlist. If you didn’t make the actor longlist, I don’t think the 5th spot is happening. The only one would’ve been Cooper in NA and his chances are gone for that.

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

If Emilia Jones was a boy I’d totally predict her to get that 5th slot because of how CODA is peaking on visibility right now. Best Actress is just too stacked of big names for her to get in. Her, Alana Haim and Zegler would totally have gotten nominations last year (not all of them though). I was thinking of Cooper Hoffman but his performance doesn’t seem to have much passion. I’m actively considering Jude Hill now, with Belfast being a TOP 3 contender and one of the most widely seen movies of the race.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I love how we disagree on a lot of things but we can all agree that Bardem shouldn’t even be in the conversation for the tenth spot

I know people disliked his performance, and what i’m about to say it’s probably completely irrelevant, but my dad (who’s probably the type of older voter the Academy has) last year liked McDormand the most and after seeing Being The Ricardos this year, he really loved Bardem and the film, so i wouldn’t be surprise if Bardem and the film make the cut.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.