Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 14)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 482 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
Babylonian
Derrick_Eogha..
Manav

• Clement
    Topics:

I remember when some hockey or tennis controversy in Australia was supposed to derail Smith chances.Its been a long season.

ReplyCopy URL

AmazingAmy
    Topics:

‘I Am Legend’ Next Chapter: Will Smith & Michael B. Jordan To Star & Produce Together For First Time

Will is booked and busy! Looking forward to this and also his next movie (Emancipation). When I read the premise, first thing I thought is that he’ll probably be back at the Oscars again next year.

“After being whipped nearly to death, a slave named Peter escapes from a Louisiana plantation, outwitting cold-blooded hunters led by Fassel, as he makes his way North, where he joins the Union Army. The film is based on the true story of an escaped slave named Gordon. Photographs of his bare back, heavily scourged from an overseer’s whippings, were published worldwide in 1863, giving the abolitionist movement proof of the cruelty of American slavery.”

ReplyCopy URL

Ziggiy
    Topics:

‘I Am Legend’ Next Chapter: Will Smith & Michael B. Jordan To Star & Produce Together For First Time Will is booked and busy! Looking forward to this and also his next movie (Emancipation). When I read the premise, first thing I thought is that he’ll probably be back at the Oscars again next year. “After being whipped nearly to death, a slave named Peter escapes from a Louisiana plantation, outwitting cold-blooded hunters led by Fassel, as he makes his way North, where he joins the Union Army. The film is based on the true story of an escaped slave named Gordon. Photographs of his bare back, heavily scourged from an overseer’s whippings, were published worldwide in 1863, giving the abolitionist movement proof of the cruelty of American slavery.”

I always thought that as an actor Will gave one of his more underrated performances in the first I Am Legend. It was ALMOST near perfect horror/action movie until they switched up the ending. The alternative ending that was included on the DVD/Blu-Ray was MUCH better.

Great that the team gets another go at it. I’d like to see them bring back Francis Lawrence

ReplyCopy URL

Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

‘I Am Legend’ Next Chapter: Will Smith & Michael B. Jordan To Star & Produce Together For First Time Will is booked and busy! Looking forward to this and also his next movie (Emancipation). When I read the premise, first thing I thought is that he’ll probably be back at the Oscars again next year. “After being whipped nearly to death, a slave named Peter escapes from a Louisiana plantation, outwitting cold-blooded hunters led by Fassel, as he makes his way North, where he joins the Union Army. The film is based on the true story of an escaped slave named Gordon. Photographs of his bare back, heavily scourged from an overseer’s whippings, were published worldwide in 1863, giving the abolitionist movement proof of the cruelty of American slavery.”

Go Will ❤️ ❤️   This could be his campaigning

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

ravenprince22
    Topics:

When even was the last time a Black actor had an overdue narrative? Davis for Fences? Washington for Training Day? Black performers get so rare opportunities to star in films that respond with AMPAS to get noms, it’s near impossible to actually gather an overdue narrative. In the past 30 years only Washington, Freeman, Smith, Davis and Spencer have even gotten multiple noms.

Ali and Kaluuya also.

ReplyCopy URL

AmazingAmy
    Topics:

I always thought that as an actor Will gave one of his more underrated performances in the first I Am Legend. It was ALMOST near perfect horror/action movie until they switched up the ending. The alternative ending that was included on the DVD/Blu-Ray was MUCH better. Great that the team gets another go at it. I’d like to see them bring back Francis Lawrence

Agreed! He gave a great performance but it got overlooked because it was a big action movie. His star power carried that movie too. He was the only actor on screen for the majority of the time but you stay engaged throughout.

Someone posted the alternate ending side-by-side. I can see why they went with the theater version because the studio probably wanted a dramatic and heroic ending but the alternate one is better for sure.

https://twitter.com/GameSpot/status/1498409926967713792

ReplyCopy URL

Mankishta
    Topics:

In the unlikely scenario that Cumberbatch does actually pull off a win with just BAFTA, I will probably avoid Twitter for a week damn.

Regardless of what happens at the Oscar though, if BC wins BAFTA I’ll be happy even if he loses the Oscar. I’m happy with Will winning but Cumberbatch did also give his career best performance which is genuinely a very good one and he deserves some mainstream awards recognition for it.

(Plus being the 9th person to complete the triple crown is no mean feat.)

I’m honestly happy with either winning but if Smith is winning the Oscar, I’d like to see Cumberbatch win something as well.

ReplyCopy URL

VictorVincent
    Topics:

Andrew Garfield for the win 💖

ReplyCopy URL

Stefania
    Topics:

I’m team Bumbercatch… 😅

ReplyCopy URL

a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

Team as long as Bardem loses I’m fine with it. ❤️

ReplyCopy URL

VictorVincent
    Topics:

Hey everyone.
    How do you view all the discussion threads?
    Or can you only ever view the 10 most recent?
    Thanks

ReplyCopy URL

Mankishta
    Topics:

People predicting Benedict to win CCA are way off imo

The CCA does predicts. They only award the critics pick when the critics pick is also the frontrunner. Whenever the frontrunner has not been the critics pick, they’ve always awarded the frontrunner: McConaughey over Ejiofor, Pheonix over Driver, Bale over Hawke.

Smith will win CCA but if Cumberbatch can win BAFTA like people are predicting him to, the momentum should still balance out.

I will say though, that if Kodi wins BAFTA, he’s taking the Oscar over Troy even if (when) Troy wins CCA.

In the event that both Kodi and Cumberbatch win BAFTA, atleast one of them will take the Oscar imo.

ReplyCopy URL

Manav
    Topics:

Screentime of all nominees

Javier Bardem (Being The Ricardos)
    55:38 / 42.11%

Benedict Cumberbatch (The Power Of The Dog)
    58:37 / 45.55%

Andrew Garfield (Tick, Tick…BOOM!)
    1:32:13 / 75.84%

Will Smith (King Richard)
    1:30:10 / 62.33%

Denzel Washington (The Tragedy Of Macbeth)
    43:36 / 41.48%

(By Screentime central)

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 482 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.