Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
Music Forever
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

lol I apologize too. Everybody has their biases, and I have mine too. Maybe I was too quick to assume you were accusing me of not being earnest.

I just think Don’t Look Up and The Power of the Dog are obviously Netflix’s two main pushes. Not really sold on Tick Tick Boom and I don’t really believe the rumors about it being Netflix’s main push at all.

No worries at all.

Yeah, it is a bit hard to believe re: Tick Tick Boom but I gotta say…the trailer’s really good! It helps that I’m a Rent fan, but I definitely didn’t want to like it as much as I did (I’m not a fan of Lin Manuel Miranda or Hamilton…to put it lightly). But it could be true because Miranda has obviously done one humongous crowd-pleaser before. Or maybe it just means that it’ll be their biggest commercial push (again, doubtful, because conventional wisdom dictates that people will flock to DiCaprio, Streep, JLaw and co.) Vice didn’t do so well but who wants to watch a Dick Cheney film over the holidays. I dunno.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

So I’ve just finished reading TPOTD and… wow. An extraordinary novel, plenty of things to say about America, the cowboy myth, family, love, hate, envy and sorrow. It surprised me in many ways. The characters are truly original and fascinating, from Rose to Peter to George – and the cast chosen by Jane Campion could not be better! I was gutted when Elisabeth Moss had to give up the role of Rose but now I think Dunst fits better the character. And about Phil… So nuanced, so complex. I literaly can’t wait to see what Cumberbatch will do with a role like this in his hands. And Campion, she could very well craft a masterpiece with this helluva material. Venice can’t come soon enough…

2022 Award Season, FYC:

Best Actress: JODIE COMER
    Best Actor: BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH
    Best Supporting Actress: ANN DOWD, TONI COLLETTE
    Best Supporting Actor: WILLEM DAFOE, RICHARD JENKINS

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

So I’ve just finished reading TPOTD and… wow. An extraordinary novel, plenty of things to say about America, the cowboy myth, family, love, hate, envy and sorrow. It surprised me in many ways. The characters are truly original and fascinating, from Rose to Peter to George – and the cast chosen by Jane Campion could not be better! I was gutted when Elisabeth Moss had to give up the role of Rose but now I think Dunst fits better the character. And about Phil… So nuanced, so complex. I literaly can’t wait to see what Cumberbatch will do with a role like this in his hands. And Campion, she could very well craft a masterpiece with this helluva material. Venice can’t come soon enough…

kd

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

This is the best actor thread and yet here you are posting gifs of Kirsten Dunst.

Lol 😂

Profile picture
    Katelandiabsky
    Topics:

From what I know about Netflix’s behind the scenes activities, it seems as though they are campaigning Tick Tick Boom and PotD more than Don’t Look Up, but they could pivot once reactions for the films start coming out. I don’t know what Netflix thinks of DLU nor do I even know if it’s finished. I’ve only heard about reactions from one screening, and if there’s other cuts of the film being screened elsewhere they could be received differently to what was shown at that first screening. We don’t know how successful any of these films will be at the end of the day, but there are multiple factors to consider in this conversation

I would believe you if you weren’t a Jennifer Lawrence hater. too bad 🙁

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Yeah Tick Tick Boom being a priority of any kind is something I would have to actually see in reviews to believe it 💀 just seems like basic GP fodder to me. Both POTD and DLU are clearly the priorities for Netflix, idk why that’s even a question.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

It is true. Few insiders including playlist have spoken about Tick tock boom testing really well. I am sure they are campaigning all 3, Tpotd has every festival, don’t look up’s cast and director is sufficient campaign and tick tock will get a push from Lin Manuel and Netflix.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

The thing about don’t look up is it does not need campaigning. Everyone associated with it screams Oscar. Even if Netflix throws all their weight behind tick tock and Tpotd , dlu will not flop. But I am sure they will campaign both.
    Also Tpotd got selected for all festivals/nyff centerpiece like marriage story and Roma. Idk why some people still think it will flop in Oscars. It is a clear bp frontrunner for now.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Now that it’s seemingly confirmed for this year – is Javier Bardem Lead in Being the Ricardos?

If he’s Lead then Amazon have a lot going on in that category – Cumberbatch, Driver, Bardem.

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Tick, Tick… Boom! definitely would’ve been a Globes thing ala The Prom.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

West Side Story will soak up all of the musical buzz this year (This is Speilberg after all) and if it makes a lot of money this year, Tick Tick Boom is done. West Side also has a better shot at ATL categories with Speilberg in Director and DeBose in Supporting.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I would believe you if you weren’t a Jennifer Lawrence hater. too bad 🙁

Yeah too bad she can’t act

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Now that it’s seemingly confirmed for this year – is Javier Bardem Lead in Being the Ricardos? If he’s Lead then Amazon have a lot going on in that category – Cumberbatch, Driver, Bardem.

If Annette doesn’t land with US critics this week they may not campaign Driver (though he is getting good reviews even from critics who don’t like the movie), and if Cumberbatch looks more like getting in for TPOTD then Bardem might just find himself their priority.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.