Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 500 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

At worst, DLU is somehow worse than Vice. But worst case scenario Netflix can still get Leo in Actor like how they got Glenn Close for Hillbilly Elegy. Have a lot of faith in Leo making it in the final lineup.

My expectations for DLU itself are low after Vice, but my awards expectations for it are high after Vice. It’s obvious that McKay can strike a chord with voters and I think this is probably his most urgently relevant film to date. There hasn’t really been a major Hollywood film addressing the climate crisis yet, at least not in such a direct and openly scathing way, so I think voters are really going to go for that. If Vice – a highly divisive late release from Annapurna which barely made money at the box office – could score as many noms as it did, I think DLU will be fine. I think it’ll be divisive, but I will almost certainly be very widely seen and so will find a big enough crowd who love it, and Netflix is a very safe bet for a big campaign.

Regarding Actor specifically, I think DiCaprio is a pretty safe prediction – I see him having a run similar to OUATIH, where he’s a very safe 3rd or 4th throughout as the star of a BP contender. I think the rewrite stuff will help with his campaign too, because he’s a famously outspoken climate activist so I think it’s very easy to campaign this as a personal passion project for him and that could give a lot of depth to the role.

Profile picture
    Sir Pierce
    Topics:

Who on earth knows what’ll happen there, but there aren’t that many indie film Best Actor contenders that I think can be the “Ethan Hawke in First Reformed” of this year, except maybe Oscar Isaac in The Card-Counter. Let’s see.

I’d gamble on it being Joaquin Phoenix in C’mon, C’mon

A very annoying young man, who loves cinema. 🙂

Twitter: https://twitter.com/pierce_sir
    Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/11higuys/

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I’m getting closer and closer to thinking this race is going to be all previous nominees/winners. Oscar Isaac feels like the only potential first-timer at this point and I’m just not convinced by The Card Counter yet.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

There’s gotta be some contender who gets in who we’re not really thinking about right now. Not just in this category but the others as well. Obviously, we still don’t know who that would be, but I have a feeling we’ll have a few ideas after the festivals.

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Cumberbatch is officially the one to beat

I like how some of y’all are quoting this as if you wouldn’t switch instantly if he wins Volpi Cup lmao.

He’s indeed coming!

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

There’s gotta be some contender who gets in who we’re not really thinking about right now. Not just in this category but the others as well. Obviously, we still don’t know who that would be, but I have a feeling we’ll have a few ideas after the festivals.

I think Joaquin Phoenix may be a bit underestimated here, he could get that afterglow nomination accompanied with Mills getting in for screenplay.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

I think Joaquin Phoenix may be a bit underestimated here, he could get that afterglow nomination accompanied with Mills getting in for screenplay.

I feel like he’s pretty firmly in the conversation. He’s currently 6th in the prediction centre. I think he’s one of maybe 7 or 8 that the conversation seems limited too right now, so people are looking to fall festivals for a total out of nowhere film or two to mess this race up a bit, given the other 3 acting races all seem quite open.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Exactly how I feel. We may not be seeing it yet, but there’ll be somebody.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

We should definitely look out for George MacKay. He is playing a man who thinks he is a wolf in “Wolf”. It has a December date and will be distributed by Focus.

Oh yeah, absolutely to look out for the Razzies.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

We should definitely look out for George MacKay. He is playing a man who thinks he is a wolf in “Wolf”. It has a December date and will be distributed by Focus.

Frances McDormand played a better wolf at this years Oscars.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

I cannot believe that even Leo stans don’t have faith on him anymore, this movie must be terrible.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Clifton Collins, Jr. gives me Demián Bichir vibes. The underrated industry vet in a small Indie that manages to breakthrough in the Actor category.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.