Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Richard Williams being ‘less known’ will only benefit Smith. It’ll give audiences an opportunity to appreciate his performance on its own merit without comparing him to the real life figure. Just like Will did with Chris Gardner in The Pursuit of Happyness.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

But it also reminds me of how cruelly the Academy has snubbed Bichir ever since he first got in. It’s so sad. He’s given fantastic performance one after the other and been overlooked. What more do they want?!?! 🙁

Award season curios don’t turn into mainstays because they’re good or better afterwards.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Judging from that panic attack in the bathroom, I wouldn’t discount Leonardo DiCaprio in “Don’t Look Up”.

Profile picture
    Topics:

Nicolas Cage is still a strong possibility for Pig. I know the movie will divide — it’s incredibly odd but compelling.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Nicolas Cage is still a strong possibility for Pig. I know the movie will divide — it’s incredibly odd but compelling.

He gives me Ethan Hawke in First Reformed vibes.

Profile picture
    Topics:

He gives me Ethan Hawke in First Reformed vibes.

He has more clout than Hawke does with voters. People miss him being a “serious” actor.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Pig is even smaller than First Reformed tho so I think the comparison is fair

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I have a feeling Cumberbatch will be the frontrunner from the beggining to the end of the season like Gary Oldman 4 years ago in that awful movie nobody remembers.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

I have a feeling Cumberbatch will be the frontrunner from the beggining to the end of the season like Gary Oldman 4 years ago in that awful movie nobody remembers.

OMG, Gary Oldman was great, the movie wasn’t awful just OK.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Benedict Cumbersome is coming to collect his things.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Cumberbatch is definitely the one to beat. But I gotta say: I feel like that Vanity Fair article gave away too much. Not totally, of course, but his character has become less mysterious than the interactions with Plemons, McPhee and most of all Dunst, in a film meant to be a character study of Phil and Rose but also all 4 of them.

Good for everyone who is not keyed in to GD or awards sites lol

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Richard Williams doesn’t have a very high profile, not a lot of people know who he is and probably only know him if they’re deep into tennis or sports in general. Granted, neither does Leigh Anne Tuohy and nor did she have any profile until the movie or the book it was based on came out. Biopic performances that win are usually portraying higher profile people as Crabbie said. King Richard has to either be nominated for Picture or Will Smith has to be so much better than everyone else in competition. I can’t really see either of those scenarios happening.

I love Sandra but she wasn’t better than the actresses in her category.

Profile picture
    Ava96
    Topics:

Tiff called Benedict Cumberbatch’s performance in ‘The Electrical Life of Louis Wain’ as his career-best and I think we’re underestimating this movie/performance.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Cumberbatch i like his personality his movies i like his acting skills a really good actor . Im excited he’s doing method acting in the power of the dog and i already know he gave a tour de force. So it’s nothing against him lol but calling anybody the one to beat this early in award season (that’s extended) and is just not my thing it reminds me of Carey mulligan last year lol. It’s just not my thing to see someone as a front runner or the one to beat when all the competition is not even yet to be seen. But like i said i know his performance is probably good but award season just got started lol it’s anybody’s Oscar right now.

Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

Tiff called Benedict Cumberbatch’s performance in ‘The Electrical Life of Louis Wain’ as his career-best and I think we’re underestimating this movie/performance.

Wow! Benedict is having a hell of a year.

2022 Award Season, FYC:

Best Picture: TITANE, L'EVENEMENT
    Best Director: JULIA DUCOURNAU
    Best Actress: JODIE COMER
    Best Actor: BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH
    Best Supporting Actress: ANN DOWD, TONI COLLETTE
    Best Supporting Actor: WILLEM DAFOE, RICHARD JENKINS

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.