Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 3)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 501 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
replies
views
users
loudtoilet
Shrek Superslam
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Cumberbatch, Smith, and Washington all have baity roles. This isn’t a Daniel Day-Lewis as Lincoln situation where it’s undeniable from the start. Any of these men can win.

I mean, I remember when Eddie Redmayne was the favorite since the beginning, same with Malek, Joaquin and Sir Anthony, I don’t know if it was the same with Leo, many have even predicted these winners 10 months before the Oscars.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I mean, I remember when Eddie Redmayne was the favorite since the beginning, same with Malek, Joaquin and Sir Anthony, I don’t know if it was the same with Leo, many have even predicted these winners 10 months before the Oscars.

I don’t think any of those performances were deemed as undeniable winners before the race began. Hopkins, for example, wasn’t perceived as a threat until the season actually started.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

I don’t think any of those performances were deemed as undeniable winners before the race began. Hopkins, for example, wasn’t perceived as a threat until the season actually started.

Some youtuber saw The Father in March a year before the Oscars and he said Sir Anthony Hopkins was going to win the Oscar, many critics on Twitter said he had no competition, Same with Joaquin when they drop the trailer, they even hack his Wikipedia page saying he was going to win for Joker, the same with Malek and Redmayne.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Some youtuber saw The Father in March a year before the Oscars and he said Sir Anthony Hopkins was going to win the Oscar, many critics on Twitter said he had no competition, Same with Joaquin when they drop the trailer, they even hack his Wikipedia page saying he was going to win for Joker, the same with Malek and Redmayne.

Those are anecdotal examples though. Not a general consensus. When DDL was announced to portray Abraham Lincoln in a Steven Spielberg film, it was a wrap. No one could deny he was winning that Oscar. I don’t feel the same energy with Cumberbatch. Especially when Smith & Washington have equally baity roles/narratives too.

Profile picture
    The Way of The Wind
    Topics:

Best Actor predix August 2021:

Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power of the Dog
    Clifton Collins Jr – Jockey
    Andrew Garfield – tick tick Boom
    Amir Jadidi – A Hero
    Michael Fassbender – Next Goal Wins

2023 Oscar
    Best Picture: The Way of The Wind
    Best Director: Decision to Leave
    Best Actress: TAR
    Best Actor: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actress: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actor: Poor Things

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Best Actor predix August 2021: Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power of the Dog Clifton Collins Jr – Jockey Andrew Garfield – tick tick Boom Amir Jadidi – A Hero Michael Fassbender – Next Goal Wins

I believe Next Goal Wins is coming out in 2022.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Best Actor predix August 2021: Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power of the Dog Clifton Collins Jr – Jockey Andrew Garfield – tick tick Boom Amir Jadidi – A Hero Michael Fassbender – Next Goal Wins

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    The Way of The Wind
    Topics:

Really? I tried to find some real info. All I got was imdb

2023 Oscar
    Best Picture: The Way of The Wind
    Best Director: Decision to Leave
    Best Actress: TAR
    Best Actor: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actress: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actor: Poor Things

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Best Actor predix August 2021:

Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power of the Dog
    Clifton Collins Jr – Jockey
    Andrew Garfield – tick tick Boom
    Amir Jadidi – A Hero
    Michael Fassbender – Next Goal Wins

No Will Smith that’s brave and bold lol (all jokes lol)

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Really? I tried to find some real info. All I got was imdb

Yep, I think it was confirmed on one of the threads just a while ago! However, I agree (at least for next year that is) Michael Fassbender would probably be in my early top 5, as well.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

This category is honestly boring me… We have Cumberbatch in, and then either DiCaprio or Garfield in, and then three between Smith, Washington, Cooper, Driver, and Phoenix (and I guess Dinklage if you wanna hold out hope). It just sucks because I feel like in the other acting categories we are being swamped with so many contenders, and in this one we’re grasping at straws like Dinklage. We don’t even have 10 legitimate contenders atm…

For me there are 7 candidates for 5 spots in this race: Cumberbatch, Washington, DiCaprio, Smith, Cooper and Phoenix. The others seem very unlikely, whereas in Best Actress there are at least 10-12 that are all likely for different reasons.

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

For me there are 7 candidates for 5 spots in this race: Cumberbatch, Washington, DiCaprio, Smith, Cooper and Phoenix. The others seem very unlikely, whereas in Best Actress there are at least 10-12 that are all likely for different reasons.

I don’t disagree at all, it’s just that this list is so…boring.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

All of them are over 45 years old and have been in the business for +20 years. Where are the fresh faces?

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

All of them are over 45 years old and have been in the business for +20 years. Where are the fresh faces?

The obsession with older actors is indeed ridiculous. Not bashing the representation of older men in Hollywood but let younger and fresher ones shine as well. I’m on Twitter right now and people are making suggestions about who should play the Joker in the new Batman movie. Most are going with well known actors like Depp or Dafoe and very few are actually suggesting actors closer in age to Pattinson like Harry Melling or Caleb Landry Jones.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.