Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 501 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
Tick Tock
Shrek Superslam
  • Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

For now:

1. Smith

2. Cumberbatch

3. DiCaprio

4. Washington

5. Dornan

6. Phoenix

7. Cooper

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Can Udo Kier be added to predictions centre?

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Wonder if any distributor is considering picking up The Survivor for an Oscar-qualifying run this year aimed at getting a best-actor nom for Ben Foster following his strong reviews?

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I’m skeptical of Bradley Cooper for NA. I think his co stars are going to overshadow him, especially Cate Blanchett, who has a juicy role in her hands as a femme fatale.

I think Joaquin Phoenix would have been a better choice for Stan. He is perfect for this kind of role.

Profile picture
    Vincent Figueroa
    Topics:

I’m skeptical of Bradley Cooper for NA. I think his co stars are going to overshadow him , especially Cate Blanchett, who has a juicy role in her hands as a femme fatale. I think Joaquin Phoenix would have been a better choice for Stan. He is perfect for this kind of role.

Profile picture
    irinacx
    Topics:

I’m skeptical of Bradley Cooper for NA. I think his co stars are going to overshadow him, especially Cate Blanchett, who has a juicy role in her hands as a femme fatale.

Complete opposite actually 🙂

“Traditionally, the central character would be a stoic who is tempted by an alluring woman who uses sex appeal and a lack of scruples to manipulate and destroy. This time, Cooper is that enticing, dangerous character. “Thematically, I’m very interested in exploring the genre from a different point of view,” the director says with a chuckle. “Instead of a femme fatale, I have three very strong female figures and an homme fatale.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/09/nightmare-alley-guillermo-del-toro-awards-insider/amp

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I have a feeling Del Toro may attempt to make Cooper’s character in Nightmare Alley to be more sympathetic or possibly on the verge of redemption. The latter possibility seems too radical though.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Complete opposite actually 🙂

“Traditionally, the central character would be a stoic who is tempted by an alluring woman who uses sex appeal and a lack of scruples to manipulate and destroy. This time, Cooper is that enticing, dangerous character. “Thematically, I’m very interested in exploring the genre from a different point of view,” the director says with a chuckle. “Instead of a femme fatale, I have three very strong female figures and an homme fatale.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/09/nightmare-alley-guillermo-del-toro-awards-insider/amp

Words, words, words… This just means that Stan is shady as well.
    Blanchett’s character is still a femme fatale, otherwise Del Toro will make a completely different movie.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Del Toro’s attempt to turn the tropes of film noir upside down is a double-edged sword. I don’t know if there is more to explore about the alleged humanity or lack thereof of a dangerous criminal (“man or beast” the poster asks, heaven or hell?), but at the same time I’m glad that Blanchett is not playing the usual temptress, vicious “femme fatale” but perhaps something more nuanced.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

That’s just a spin from GdT to not spoil the movie. There is no question that Blanchett plays a femme fatale here.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Cooper is coming (not for the win, that’s Smith’s to lose). But that poster is ugly af, makes him look undead.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

I’m skeptical of Bradley Cooper for NA. I think his co stars are going to overshadow him, especially Cate Blanchett, who has a juicy role in her hands as a femme fatale. I think Joaquin Phoenix would have been a better choice for Stan. He is perfect for this kind of role.

I kinda agree, he looks out of place in those pictures and I don’t see any chemistry with his female co stars, but I hope the trailer to be good. These are only pictures.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I’m skeptical of Bradley Cooper for NA. I think his co stars are going to overshadow him, especially Cate Blanchett, who has a juicy role in her hands as a femme fatale. I think Joaquin Phoenix would have been a better choice for Stan. He is perfect for this kind of role.

Agree, apparently DiCaprio was the first choice but he turned it down, i could see both him and Phoenix being better and more fitting for this role than Cooper.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

The actor thread is so dead, lol, it looks like there isn’t a clear frontrunner, Cumberbatch hype is disappearing, that means his performance isn’t so powerful like Stewart in Spencer, but anyway, i hope he or Smith wins, those two are my favorites this year.

Profile picture
    Shrek Superslam
    Topics:

Realistically, I think the only four with winning potential are Cumberbatch, Smith, Washington and Cooper. And I think Power Of The Dog is a lock for Director and S. Actress – which makes a win for Cumberbatch plausible, but, perhaps, the hype being near its peak now doesn’t bode well? And I don’t think his performance is as praised as many were anticipating, in a way.

And I’m less convinced with Tragedy of Macbeth by the day – lol.

Therefore, my prediction is Will Smith.

But I think a lot of people are underrating Cooper’s chances. He is, honestly, a very good actor – personally, I’d say better than Cumberbatch and DEFINITELY Will Smith – lol. I think it depends on the film’s reception, though, in regards to whether or not he gets in for it. (He’s 100% getting nominated for Supporting Actor for Liqorice Pizza – I feel…)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.