Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 501 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
Tick Tock
Shrek Superslam
  • Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

And I don’t think his performance is as praised as many were anticipating, in a way.

Yeah I said as much when first reviews hit / they mightily praised his work but didn’t go into the stratosphere with the effusiveness.

Advantage (still): Smith

NB: (For Collins Jr., a nomination in a substantially competitive category would be its own type of victory.)

Profile picture
    Oleageoun
    Topics:

Nobody’s beating Will Smith, its his time.

I feel like among the stars of that generation Matt Damon is next, he just needs a better vehicle than Stillwater, Duel is more of a commercial movie.

Profile picture
    Vincent Figueroa
    Topics:

The actor thread is so dead, lol, it looks like there isn’t a clear frontrunner, Cumberbatch hype is disappearing, that means his performance isn’t so powerful like Stewart in Spencer, but anyway, i hope he or Smith wins, those two are my favorites this year.

I have read excellent reviews for the following films as well:

The Card Counter- Oscar Isaac
    Jockey- Clifton Collins Jr
    Wolf- George MacKay
    The Survivor- Ben Foster

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Nobody’s beating Will Smith, its his time. I feel like among the stars of that generation Matt Damon is next, he just needs a better vehicle than Stillwater, Duel is more of a commercial movie.

Nah, if Swith wins, after him the next big movie stars/famous actors overdue for an Oscar are:

Johnny Depp

Tom Cruise

Edward Norton

Jake Gyllenhaal

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Realistically, I think the only four with winning potential are Cumberbatch, Smith, Washington and Cooper. And I think Power Of The Dog is a lock for Director and S. Actress – which makes a win for Cumberbatch plausible, but, perhaps, the hype being near its peak now doesn’t bode well? And I don’t think his performance is as praised as many were anticipating, in a way. And I’m less convinced with Tragedy of Macbeth by the day – lol. Therefore, my prediction is Will Smith. But I think a lot of people are underrating Cooper’s chances. He is, honestly, a very good actor – personally, I’d say better than Cumberbatch and DEFINITELY Will Smith – lol. I think it depends on the film’s reception, though, in regards to whether or not he gets in for it. (He’s 100% getting nominated for Supporting Actor for Liqorice Pizza – I feel…)

I don´t see any potential in Copper to even being nominated just with looking those pictures he looks like he´s miscast and that terrible poster, but i can change my mind with the trailer

Profile picture
    SaulAtreides
    Topics:

Nah, if Swith wins, after him the next big movie stars/famous actors overdue for an Oscar are: Johnny Depp Tom Cruise Edward Norton Jake Gyllenhaal

I think Depp and Cruise are a bit controversial for the overdue narrative. Norton is definitely deserving, but he all but disappeared in recent years. Gyllenhaal could definitely be on the cusp, but he needs to start choosing better vehicles.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

I don´t see any potential in Copper to even being nominated just with looking those pictures he looks like he´s miscast and that terrible poster, but i can change my mind with the trailer

So sad that Norton didn´t win for American History X

Profile picture
    Vincent Figueroa
    Topics:

Nah, if Swith wins, after him the next big movie stars/famous actors overdue for an Oscar are: Johnny Depp Tom Cruise Edward Norton Jake Gyllenhaal

Time’s up.  Only  Gyllenhaal will have a spot in the future and maybe Depp

Profile picture
    deemura
    Topics:

Lol there are actually a lot of great reviews about Benedict’s performances the past few days, I mean someone could post it in here but people just don’t. I rarely read about Will Smith on here even though he’s a lock, though.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Lol there are actually a lot of great reviews about Benedict’s performances the past few days, I mean someone could post it in here but people just don’t. I rarely read about Will Smith on here even though he’s a lock, though.

Honestly I’ve seen more praise for Cumberbatch but I avoid saying it because people seem so hyped about Smith. As for King Richard I don’t see that much passion for it outside of the main performance.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

It only seems that Cumberbatch is at his peak now because you have watched the leaked movie.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

It only seems that Cumberbatch is at his peak now because you have watched the leaked movie.

Lmao am I the only one who hasn’t seen the leaked version? I’m just gonna wait for December.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Lmao am I the only one who hasn’t seen the leaked version? I’m just gonna wait for December.

I haven’t seen it yet (but I read the book). Watching “Roma” on my laptop scarred me for life lol 😅

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

I haven’t watched it either but I read the book. Not gonna lie it’s very hard to resist the temptation.

Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

Having seen TPOTD on the big screen at Venice, I strongly recommend you to wait! It’s a very powerful and almost mystical experience to watch it in HD and in theatre.

Speaking about Cumberbatch, imho it’s his best performance to date. Feral and heartbreaking. I’d give him the Oscar straight away, but stars really seem to be aligning for Will. We’ll see…

Jodie Comer supremacy

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION: Our Flag Means Death, Severance in all categories;
    Fin Argus in Queer As Folk

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.