Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 501 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
KB93
Tick Tock
  • Profile picture
    Luke Dias
    Topics:

As much as I would like Will Smith to take home an Oscar, there’s a lot holding King Richard back. It’s not the kind of multi-category movie that usually gets nominated for Best Picture, and unlike the Actress category, the Actor one tends to overlap with Best Picture quite heavily in the nominations. It’s possible for him to maintain that momentum, but a nomination is probably more certain at this point. Right now Cumberbatch is my frontrunner (given that The Power of the Dog won’t have any of the aforementioned problems), and honestly, I wouldn’t mind it much at all if he won.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

As much as I would like Will Smith to take home an Oscar, there’s a lot holding King Richard back. It’s not the kind of multi-category movie that usually gets nominated for Best Picture, and unlike the Actress category, the Actor one tends to overlap with Best Picture quite heavily in the nominations. It’s possible for him to maintain that momentum, but a nomination is probably more certain at this point. Right now Cumberbatch is my frontrunner (given that The Power of the Dog won’t have any of the aforementioned problems), and honestly, I wouldn’t mind it much at all if he won.

Cumberbatch is also my frontrunner and I am hoping he will win, unless Will Smith completely wows me. I just think any actor this season is going to have a tough time competing with Cumberbatch’s brilliantly crafted performance.

Profile picture
    LifeOfT99440306
    Topics:

Stop sleeping on Justin Chon. He is absolutely amazing in Blue Bayou. He has the diversity, baity role, and tour-de-force performance.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

It’s not the kind of multi-category movie that usually gets nominated for Best Picture,

Yes, it is.

If by this, you’re implying it won’t be nominated in multiple categories, which it will be, though I’m not sure what your argument is, exactly.

Are you saying it’s going to be a multi-category movie that doesn’t get a BP nom like other multi-category movies do because … “reasons”??

Or, are you saying it’s not going to be a multi-category movie, thus it won’t be a BP nominee?

Let me clear this up for you.

It will be a multi-category movie that’s a BP nominee.

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    LifeOfT99440306
    Topics:

Power of the Dog is so boring and pretentious pls what’s with all the hype? watched it because of all the hype and I wasted 2 hours of my damn life with that movie. The only nomination that movie should get is for Kirsten Dunst for Supp. Actress that’s it!

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Stop sleeping on Justin Chon. He is absolutely amazing in Blue Bayou. He has the diversity, baity role, and tour-de-force performance.

Focus has something bigger to focus on this year.

FYC

Profile picture
    vertibort6
    Topics:

Where did you watch TPOTG?

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

Power of the Dog is so boring and pretentious pls what’s with all the hype? watched it because of all the hype and I wasted 2 hours of my damn life with that movie. The only nomination that movie should get is for Kirsten Dunst for Supp. Actress that’s it!

Oh no…
    Anyway

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

TPOTG

The Power of the Gaga?

FYC

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I watched the King Richard trailer and it made me want to vomit ): Richard Williams is an awful human being who was banned from showing up at tennis matches – nobody liked him and yet there is a movie about him? It’s gross! This is going to be my most hated movie of this Oscar season. Why was this movie even made? Will Smith is a competent movie star actor who should be nowhere near an Oscar nomination. But I know that the academy sometimes rewards merely competent actors and denies great acting performances – it’s just how it is.

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

Cumberbaatch won’t win, his performance is too quiet and not showy at all, Smith will easily beat him.

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

Cumberbaatch won’t win, his performance is too quiet and not showy at all, Smith will easily beat him.

Have we watched the same movie cause he has SO MANY showy moments?

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Yes The Power of the Dog shares those “aforementioned problems” with King Richard, by which I mean neither share any actual problems that will keep the two films from being nominees for BP.

FYC

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

Have we watched the same movie cause he has SO MANY showy moments?

Then you don’t know what showy acting means.

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

Then you don’t know what showy acting means.

Oh really, please enlighten me then.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.