Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 501 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
KB93
Tick Tock
  • Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

Oh really, please enlighten me then.

Where to start?
    Benedict Cumberbaatch is NOT showy in TPoTD?

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

Cumberbatch
    Smith
    Washington
    Cooper
    Dinklage

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Just out of curiosity: why are people thinking that Peter Dinklage is going to get an Oscar nomination? I don’t think so at all. I think there are quite a few ahead of him: Jamie Dornan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Adam Driver, and if he is submitted in lead Jude Hill – and then there are the films that we don’t know enough about yet too. I get no vibes that Cyrano will be nominated in any other categories whereas the actors I have mentioned will all be in potential BP nominees.

Profile picture
    Watcher
    Topics:

Just out of curiosity: why are people thinking that Peter Dinklage is going to get an Oscar nomination? I don’t think so at all. I think there are quite a few ahead of him: Jamie Dornan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Adam Driver, and if he is submitted in lead Jude Hill – and then there are the films that we don’t know enough about yet too. I get no vibes that Cyrano will be nominated in any other categories whereas the actors I have mentioned will all be in potential BP nominees.

I agree – I think it just got some early buzz and everyone moved him up on the idea it would be a good Oscar newcomer nom, but you’re right there’s still loads much more likely BA candidates who’s movies have still to drop

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

People think a newcomer will get in as usual and Dornan might be Supporting. As for DiCaprio there’s like no buzz anymore especially after that dreadful trailer.

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

Dinklage is a very respected and loved name, and he seems to be a good match for a role that has gotten respected actors nominated before. I agree that the film’s overall quality could be a liability for him, but it’s definitely not a weird prediction or anything imo.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

The buzz is already dying for “Cyrano” and the box office will be bad. I don’t think it’s happening.

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

I mean it’s just September and I’m still waiting on those official category placements for Belfast. I’ll probably change my predictions so many times lol

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

after that release of teaser of Tragedy of Macbeth … Denzel is coming

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I would say that if Macbeth is good enough, Washington is a lock for a nomination, but still in third position, behind Smith and Cumberbatch.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Cumberbatch Smith Washington Cooper Dinklage

I LOVE your picture 😍

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

And why are you so sure about Driver and DiCaprio? We even haven’t seen these movies and the trailers don’t yell Oscar nomination

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Yes The Power of the Dog shares those “aforementioned problems” with King Richard, by which I mean neither share any actual problems that will keep the two films from being nominees for BP.

Here is the case I will make for King Richard failing to make it into BP: besides Best Actor name one category that it is at all truly viable in to score other nominations? I see a long line of contenders in front of it for screenplay and film editing, and it has no chance in any other categories at all (some are saying Supporting Actress but I believe there is a long line of actresses in front of Ellis in that category that are much more likely to be nominated). I can think of only two movies that received BP nominations and only one other nomination: Selma and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I personally don’t see it happening at all.

The problem it will have is that there are at least a dozen films in front of it that are more likely to be nominated.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

And why are you so sure about Driver and DiCaprio? We even haven’t seen these movies and the trailers don’t yell Oscar nomination

I am not so sure at all. It’s only September and we have 3 more months before we will get a stronger indication of which films the academy is likely to embrace. All any of us are doing at the moment is making educated guesses and occasionally just hoping for our favorites.

I saw the Don’t Look Up trailer and DiCaprio looks great in it, as does Meryl Streep in a supporting role. DiCaprio, who is not one of my favorite actors, looks viable to me as a potential Best Actor nominee.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

There have been plenty of reports from the Don’t Look Up test screenings and that DiCaprio and Streep are the most likely to be nominated. And even from the teaser, his role seems to be very showy. If DLU is a BP movie which it is certainly looking like it will be, DiCaprio should be a solid bet to make it in with a showy performance over Dinklage in a movie that not enough people will care about outside of his performance.

I think people here are projecting with their own opinions about DLU instead of looking at reality. DLU has far more buzz than Cyrano and to deny that is just living under a rock.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.