Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 5)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 462 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
27 mins ago
replies
views
users
kbc
loudtoilet
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Continue in Part 5.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Denzel Washington. That’s all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

BenitoDelicias wrote:

Both times Will Smith got nominated a Black actor won. So, are him and Denzel getting nominated together again and Denzel wins again 20 years later? Is this Swank vs Benning? (well, Will wasn’t Denzel’s alternate in 2001).

I think it’s funny other people have their version of Hilary Swank. For example Kathy Bates seems to beat Julia Roberts to the punch when they’re rival nominees: 1991 Oscar ceremony and 2014 Emmys and the coolest trivia of all is that a Huston was in the audience — Anjelica at the Oscars and Danny at the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

I’ll be seeing Denzel in 2 hours, but I have a feeling he’s who I’ll be rooting for this season (partly because I think he’s America’s greatest living actor).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Denzel Washington. That’s all.

I’m afraid Hunter is stealing his raves!

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Noomi Rapace Lamb (Actress)
    Kristen Stewart, Sally Hawkins, Timothy Spall Spencer (Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Penelope Cruz, Israel Elejalde, Milena Smit, Julieta Serrano, Rossy de Palma Madres Paralelas (Actress, Supporting Actor/Actress)
    Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren The Duke (Actor/Supporting Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I just know Willard Christopher Smith is shaking

may the best win

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Not really. Denzel is getting just as many raves since its HIS film. Hunter could totally miss if the Supporting Actress becomes too stacked and she is an unknown. While Denzel is locked.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

We need him talking about his supporting actress and viceversa. Mentions usually help. Having Anthony and now DW winning for such roles would be bliss.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

If Peter Dinklage is nominated for Cyrano it will be the third time that an actor is nominated for playing that role, Cyrano is an Oscar bait role.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

1- Will Smith – King Richard
    2- Denzel Washington – The Tragedy of Macbeth
    3- Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power of the Dog
    4- Leonardo DiCaprio – Don’t Look Up
    5- Jude Hill – Belfast

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Will Smith (King Richard)

2. Denzel Washington (The Tragedy of Macbeth)

3. Benedict Cumberbatch (The Power of The Dog)

4. Leonardo DiCaprio (Don’t Look Up)

5. Peter Dinklage (Cyrano)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

There is one actor at 100-1 odds that I think may be able to crash the Best Actor list that hasn’t been talked about yet: Michael B Jordan. He was great in Fruitvale Station, Creed and Black Panther – he just needs a breakout role to finally make it in to the Best Actor race. The category may be too crowded but every once in awhile someone unexpected gets nominated and as I looked over the list of potential actors who have a long-shot chance he was one of the two (the other is Jude Hill for Belfast) that could be a surprise nominee on February 8th.

In this particular category I am adopting a “wait and see” stance – I need to really see the performances myself and not be persuaded by the blogosphere or even film critics, who often get it all wrong when it comes to what the academy decides to do. I have the feeling a few frontrunners will not be among the nominees on February 8th.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

There is one actor at 100-1 odds that I think may be able to crash the Best Actor list that hasn’t been talked about yet: Michael B Jordan. He was great in Fruitvale Station, Creed and Black Panther – he just needs a breakout role to finally make it in to the Best Actor race. The category may be too crowded but every once in awhile someone unexpected gets nominated and as I looked over the list of potential actors who have a long-shot chance he was one of the two (the other is Jude Hill for Belfast) that could be a surprise nominee on February 8th. In this particular category I am adopting a “wait and see” stance – I need to really see the performances myself and not be persuaded by the blogosphere or even film critics, who often get it all wrong when it comes to what the academy decides to do. I have the feeling a few frontrunners will not be among the nominees on February 8th.

Man I love MBJ, I think everyone does, but he is absolutely not happening for A Journal for Jordan. No shot. Unfortunate he’s had a combo of some terrible luck and some meh choices that have kept him from getting a nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Watch the trailer for “A Journal for Jordan” and you’ll know why we are not considering Michael B. Jordan for an Oscar nomination this year.

About Jude Hill, when was the last time that a kid was nominated for Best Actor? I’ll answer for you: 1931.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Film expert
    Topics:

I can easily see Denzel winning this if Tragedy will get into Best Picture.

No offence, but compared to Denzel, Benny and Willy don’t mean much for Academy.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 462 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.