Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 5)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 499 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
loudtoilet
kbc
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Three great performances of the year without any chance at nomination.

Adam Driver, Annette

Dev Patel, The Green Knight

Oscar Isaac, The Card Counter.

Driver would still get in at the Globes considering they have more slots there, but he try deserves an Oscar nomination for this. This is his best so far (haven’t seen Duel)

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Belfast for everything - Best Picture win

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

I think that, precisely because his other two roles are not going anywhere, the push with his role on HOG is going to be quite big, even with Gaga there. It´s not like we haven´t seen actors riding their co-stars potential before (especially if the movie ends up getting a good reception).

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I think that, precisely because his other two roles are not going anywhere, the push with his role on HOG is going to be quite big, even with Gaga there. It´s not like we haven´t seen actors riding their co-stars potential before (especially if the movie ends up getting a good reception).

They could also put him in supporting with Leto

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Belfast for everything - Best Picture win

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

they can push all theyw ant but if the role is unassuming and/or oversahdowed than it’s not happening. Also, HoG needs to start ramping up promos.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

He is great in Last Duel, but I don’t see him happening. He could get in for HoG, but like you said, the acclaim will have to be as strong as it was for Marriage Story.

It also depends on the critical reception to HoG. Amazon still plans to campaign him for BA for Annette.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

I mean, he’s always great and people start taking him for granted. Let’s see how “House of Gucci” does… I wish we had some footage, like a scene from the movie.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

he’s not happening this year and that’s fine. Fatigue is worse than sitting a year or two out.

Annette was terrible no matter how good he may be it’s an unwatchable movie. Perhaps rather than sign up for anything because he respects a director, he should check what a movie’s about. I knew it was going to be a dumpster fire from synosis alone and that was like 2 years before it was shown in Cannes.

The Last Duel got most praise for Comer and Affleck’s wacko turn. Driver’s character was rather thankless cause being a rapist he wasn’t going to be made complex, nuanced, etc and spark controversy. They played it safe here and that’s fine. I’m just explaining why he wasn’t a standout.

HoG looks like Gaga show with Leto going the Affleck in TLD route.

Profile picture
    Celtic DW
    Topics:

I will see what’s nominated before I make my decision. I’m hearing positive feedback on Will Smith’s performance in King Richard, I would like to see MacBeth, maybe Dune and Power of the Dog.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Many critics or pundits are convinced Will Smith is going to win the Oscar i wonder why they think Will performance is stronger than Benedict performance.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Many critics or pundits are convinced Will Smith is going to win the Oscar i wonder why they think Will performance is stronger than Benedict performance.

Taking a somewhat more charitable reading: when it comes to the highest levels of acting, trying to decide whether one performance is, objectively speaking, better than another can often turn into an exercise in hair-splitting. This is why a lot of outside factors end up influencing the vote.

Less charitably: people feel like Will Smith is owed an Oscar, and they figure Cumberbatch will still be around to get his due another day.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

If Driver for Annette does well the critics groups circuit in Nov-Dec, he could have enough support from the critics for a Spirit and then Oscar nomination.

Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

He had 2 decades (90s & 00s)of hits on TV/Movie/Music and was a box office magnet for a decade. His movie is apparently feel good and this would supposed to be his comeback to some acclaim after a decade of flops on that. Sort of like Sandra Bullock and could pull a Sandra Bullock – Blind Side run tbh, but his movie will probably be more acclaimed. His movie is mainstream and will probably have a box office success too. Also it’s been 15 years since a POC won a lead category. Lots of external factors/narratives going in his favor.

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

If Driver for Annette does well the critics groups circuit in Nov-Dec, he could have enough support from the critics for a Spirit and then Oscar nomination.

No shot.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.