Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 5)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 499 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
loudtoilet
kbc
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Sab227
    Topics:

Lmao at some of you hoping for him to not get nominated.

I absolutely loved Cumberbatch’s Performance and I would be more than happy for him to win because he really was astonishingly amazing. I was just making an observation that we saw frontrunners from the previous race being snubbed, that’s all it was. It was not personal for me.

Profile picture
    Lexa
    Topics:

I absolutely loved Cumberbatch’s Performance and I would be more than happy for him to win because he really was astonishingly amazing. I was just making an observation that we saw frontrunners from the previous race being snubbed, that’s all it was. It was not personal for me.

Then no worries if you love it so much. Just like Wolfali said the two frontrunners are chosen by the general membership. He’s getting his very deserved nom.

Profile picture
    Sab227
    Topics:

Then no worries if you love it so much. Just like Wolfali said the two frontrunners are chosen by the general membership. He’s getting his very deserved nom.

Im certainly glad that he will get into BAFTA and hopefully win, because as I said before he really is worthy!

Profile picture
    Celtic DW
    Topics:

Let’s see what happens when the nominations come out

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

The meltdowns if Cumerbatch wins…

What meltdows? He’s a very respect actor, nobody is gonna get mad if he wins, lol.

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

Pages & pages of Cumberbatch v. Smith debate. I’m totally fine with either winning but man this year is shaping up to be as boring as I worried.

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Cumberbatch is lovely and talented and hot so nobody would be mad if he won lol

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

Pages & pages of Cumberbatch v. Smith debate. I’m totally fine with either winning but man this year is shaping up to be as boring as I worried.

I still think people are stupid to underestimate Denzel Washington, an actor far more respected than either Smith or Cumberbatch, dominating in a role like Macbeth.

People point to “Shakespeare” not being that popular with the Academy as if there are as many times this much talent, loved by voters, comes together to produce an interpretation this interesting.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I think the debate is more to do with the people on this board than a total reflection of reality.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I’m sure if Cumberbatch wins over presumed frontrunner Will Smith, people will have a lot to say about another black actor being ignored, even if it turns out that Cumberbatch is better than Smith. That’s usually how it goes.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

I’m sure if Cumberbatch wins over presumed frontrunner Will Smith, people will have a lot to say about another black actor being ignored, even if it turns out that Cumberbatch is better than Smith. That’s usually how it goes.

That’s what people said in regards to Boseman as well yet the backlash was more related to how the Oscars handled the whole thing rather than him losing to Hopkins. The whole situation was embarrassing with Best Actor being presented last and Hopkins not being allowed to zoom into the ceremony. I just don’t think Cumberbatch winning would cause too much retaliation.

Profile picture
    Celtic DW
    Topics:

I also think you guys are underestimating Denzel Washington. He could win his 3rd Oscar in that role. I don’t think he ever played a role like that before.

Profile picture
    MD
    Topics:

They don’t care. They like what they like.

Profile picture
    We keep the news light!
    Topics:

Last October predix

Benedict Cumberbatch
    Will Smith
    Denzel Washington
    Mahershala Ali
    Simon Rex

FYC
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Jon Bernthal
    Bes Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in The World

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.