Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 6)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 500 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
kbc
wolfali
LA26
  • Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

I, too, have seen King Richard, and my general impression hasn’t changed that Will is the frontrunner and the only potential challenger to win is Denzel (having also seen Macbeth and POTD).

As far as its BP odds go, if Belfast is the frontrunner it already topped it in Cinemascore (A vs. A-) and matched its Metacritic score (77), so they’re pretty evenly matched other than that Belfast has more to do with ~movie magic~ and might have more international appeal (but so far Americans don’t seem to gaf which as least as if not more important). Still think POTD is likelier to be recognized for Writing and/or Directing rather than any actor.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

POTD probably isn’t going to win Best Actor (although it should,) but I’m curious to know who you think is beating Dunst, because to my eyes she’s definitely in the driver’s seat.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Lexa
    Topics:

I’m seeing many people saying Smith has the weakest performance from the cast and is not deserving of a win. This is seriously giving me flashbacks from last season.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s so cool and weird how this is the third year in a row where I’m more excited to talk about the actor race than the actress one
    I guess over here we don’t have that much trolls and people do get along more.

Anyway, i have

1. Cumberbatch
    2. Smith
    3. DiCaprio
    4. Washington
    5. Cooper

6. Garfield
    7. Dinklage

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

It’s so cool and weird how this is the third year in a row where I’m more excited to talk about the actor race than the actress one
    I guess over here we don’t have that much trolls and people do get along more.

Anyway, i have

1. Cumberbatch
    2. Smith
    3. DiCaprio
    4. Washington
    5. Cooper

6. Garfield
    7. Dinklage

Dinklage is not happening, i don’t see any buzz for his movie, Cooper looks miscast.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I’m seeing many people saying Smith has the weakest performance from the cast and is not deserving of a win. This is seriously giving me flashbacks from last season.

yes my friend said Will was fine but not Oscar worthy

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

i don’t see any buzz for his movie

His movie only premieres late December to expand wide in January, his performance was acclaimed and there’s time to build buzz.

I don’t see him breaking tho, that’s why I have him at #7

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Unpopular opinion it seems but I thought Smith was miscast and not even the MVP of his movie. If he wins for this…. 💀

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    distain
    Topics:

Well the LA Times Oscar Buzz panel has Denzel Washington as no.1 in their predictions for Best Actor, over Will Smith in 2nd.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:
    AmazingAmy
    Topics:

Will Smith’s narrative is the strongest this season, and he has built a lot of goodwill in the industry over the years so I can see him coming out on top in the end. I haven’t watched his movie yet but I’m all for him winning as long as he gives a good performance, especially if it means he can block Benedict “thirsty” Cumberbatch.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Will Smith’s narrative is the strongest this season, and he has built a lot of goodwill in the industry over the years so I can see him coming out on top in the end. I haven’t watched his movie yet but I’m all for him winning as long as he gives a good performance, especially if it means he can block Benedict “thirsty” Cumberbatch.

Lol have you seen Smith’s campaign? That’s the epitome of thirsty.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Funny how you call Benedict thirsty when Will is the definition of the word by a mile

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Lol have you seen Smith’s campaign? That’s the epitome of thirsty.

I even saw his autobiography in a shop window yesterday, he’s everywhere and it’s been calculated to perfection…

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.