Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 7)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Chitanda170
Dorsey
kamila
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

Lost in the midst of this Cumberbatch v. Smith fight is the fact that so far I feel like Denzel has not been turning up at all.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ll give you more transformative, but it just seems you will bring up British Actors in any argument to fit your narrative is all.

I still have Washington getting nominated because he even got in for Roman J. Israel Esq but A24 have done a terrible job with this film. Frances had raves at the NYFCC screening and no one has talked about her performance since because there’s been no buzz outside of that.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

I still have Washington getting nominated because he even got in for Roman J. Israel Esq but A24 have done a terrible job with this film. Frances had raves at the NYFCC screening and no one has talked about her performance since because there’s been no buzz outside of that.

A24 and terrible awards campaigns. An iconic duo.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They really should just choose one thing to focus on every year. They did so well with Minari last year and with Lady Bird and Moonlight.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

Speaking of which. They should be pushing Joaquin and I haven’t seen his name anywhere.

FYC:

Best Picture: C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion
    Actor: Joaquin Phoenix (C'mon C'mon), Andrew Garfield (Tick, Tick... Boom!)
    Supporting Actress: Gaby Hoffman (C'mon C'mon), Ann Dowd (Mass), Ruth Negga (Passing)
    Supporting Actor: Jason Isaacs (Mass), Robin de Jesús (Tick, Tick... Boom!)

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I think part of it is that adaptations of Shakespeare plays often have a somewhat limited audience, most of whom are probably already aware of the film, and part of it may be Frances’s general reluctance to campaign. Also, while she’s obviously one of our greatest actresses, A24 may sense some temporary Frances “burnout” on the general public’s behalf after her being fairly ubiquitous this past Oscar season.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Speaking of which. They should be pushing Joaquin and I haven’t seen his name anywhere.

The only way C’mon C’mon and Macbeth could get in is with the industry support because is clear critics are supporting more commercial movies like Dune.

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

I just was going to say! Speaking of folks who have been absent so far, where is Joaquin? Maybe I’m missing it, but I haven’t seen any kind of push for him since C’mon C’mon released. No SAG screeners sent yet, no ongoing screenings, they’re not going to the NY Deadline contenders event tomorrow. A24 seems to be completely sleeping on it.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

I just was going to say! Speaking of folks who have been absent so far, where is Joaquin? Maybe I’m missing it, but I haven’t seen any kind of push for him since C’mon C’mon released. No SAG screeners sent yet, no ongoing screenings, they’re not going to the NY Deadline contenders event tomorrow. A24 seems to be completely sleeping on it.

I think after Joker Joaquin doesn’t want to be part of any of that, and i heard Denzel hates award campaigns.

Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

The only way C’mon C’mon and Macbeth could get in is with the industry support because is clear critics are supporting more commercial movies like Dune.

Not enough regional awards/nominations out yet to see where the consensus is on anything. Those are exactly the movies that need the critics push. Which has been sadly underwhelming so far, but it’s not like they’re falling all over Dune.

FYC:

Supporting Actress: Gaby Hoffman (C'mon C'mon), Ann Dowd (Mass), Ruth Negga (Passing)

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

This category will be exciting in this forum this year 😂

Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

Joaquin getting his big awards sweep for Joker when this was right around the corner is MY Joker origin story.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I think after Joker Joaquin doesn’t want to be part of any of that

I thought it sort of strange that he didn’t show up for the Gotham Awards but Rooney Mara was there in person, presumably to accept on his behalf if he had won.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Joaquin getting his big awards sweep for Joker when this was right around the corner is MY Joker origin story.

I’m personally glad he won for Joker because if not for Joker when someone so reclusive like him was going to win? Is like the stars alienate for him that year.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.