Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 7)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Chitanda170
Dorsey
kamila
  • Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

I’m starting to think the unthinkable, Denzel Washington may miss the nomination this year.

I’m glad people are starting to realize it. I said this weeks ago and y’all came at me for it.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

Right now:

#1 – Benedict Cumberbatch, THE POWER OF THE DOG
    #2 – Will Smith, KING RICHARD
    #3 – Andrew Garfield, TICK, TICK… BOOM!
    #4 – Denzel Washington, THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH
    #5 – Joaquin Phoenix, C’MON C’MON

#6 – Jude Hill, BELFAST
    #7 – Leonardo DiCaprio, DON’T LOOK UP
    #8 – Peter Dinklage, CYRANO
    #9 – Nicolas Cage, PIG
    #10 – Simon Rex, RED ROCKET

NOTES – C’MON C’MON is getting some late passion from those who’ve seen the movie, so I believe Phoenix will rise in time for enough Oscar traction. And I won’t underestimate BELFAST since it seems tailor-made for Oscar tastes and Jude Hill got rave reviews. Please, no DiCaprio this time… he is enough of a superstar already and he can get in next year for FLOWERS OF THE KILLER MOON

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I wouldn’t mind another Joaquin Phoenix sweep. He’s that great as an actor. Will Smith didn’t get a very meaty role and while Benedict Cumberbatch plays the tougher role, it didn’t look like something that should win best actor. I so hated his character

I really loved Jude Hill more than those two. But Joaquin Phoenix needs to save us from the mess that’s about to occur

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Belfast for everything - Best Picture win

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

I wouldn’t mind another Joaquin Phoenix sweep. He’s that great as an actor. Will Smith didn’t get a very meaty role and while Benedict Cumberbatch plays the tougher role, it didn’t look like something that should win best actor. I so hated his character

I really loved Jude Hill more than those two. But Joaquin Phoenix needs to save us from the mess that’s about to occur

Sadly it won’t happen

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

But if he’s worthy, what does his star status have to do with it? I’m more than sure he can get in for both films.

Virtually every one of the competitors are worthy, is the thing. When you’re on the level of acting that you’re getting nominated for Best Actor, the differences in quality between every competitor is very small indeed. Hence why the nomination process is a political thing (I don’t mean in the sense of Being Woke or whatever, but in the sense that there’s campaigning.)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

I think what they’re getting at is that Leo will have plenty more chances because all he does is prestige material with big name directors – not something that people like Will Smith and Nic Cage can say.

FYC:

Best Picture: C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion
    Actor: Joaquin Phoenix (C'mon C'mon), Andrew Garfield (Tick, Tick... Boom!)
    Supporting Actress: Gaby Hoffman (C'mon C'mon), Ann Dowd (Mass), Ruth Negga (Passing)
    Supporting Actor: Jason Isaacs (Mass), Robin de Jesús (Tick, Tick... Boom!)

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Forgot to post here, Denzel Washington easily stomps most of the contenders this year specially cause the field is so bleak. It would be a fairly deserving 3rd win and I don’t even stan him that much.

a24/Apple tried to pick up some steam with these IMAX sessions and I hope it brings interest to the film during the season. Much talent to behold.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

Forgot to post here, Denzel Washington easily stomps most of the contenders this year specially cause the field is so bleak. It would be a fairly deserving 3rd win and I don’t even stan him that much.

a24/Apple tried to pick up some steam with these IMAX sessions and I hope it brings interest to the film during the season. Much talent to behold.

The screenings seemed to have been packed across the country, and the response passionately positive. It’s a movie people want to see, and tend to like once that do. I don’t know why so many people are insistent on wanting it to be a flop but…

Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

Just left a screening of Nightmare Alley-  Cooper was great but the performance didn’t particularly wow me until the last scene. Depending on how much the academy likes NA I could see him getting in and it would be deserved, but I also don’t think it would be too surprising or disappointing if he is omitted.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

Feels like a 3 man race to me between Smith, Cumberbatch, and (with a little bit of a gap but not much) Garfield. But if Denzel can get in there with his star power, that could change my outlook on that top 3 and who would benefit. I can imagine there’s a real appetite to get Denzel a 3rd Oscar, even if it’s for a less than ideal project which this may not even be.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I think what they’re getting at is that Leo will have plenty more chances because all he does is prestige material with big name directors – not something that people like Will Smith and Nic Cage can say.

Well, Will Smith and Nicolas Cage have always cared more about being superstars than actually great actors. Cage has one of the worst post Oscar careers. They’re not all that good too. DiCaprio is way better than both of them. So it’s not entirely DiCaprio’s fault that he usually gets better materials

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Sadly it won’t happen

Yes. But maybe Denzel Washington would be the saviour we need. Fingers crossed

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

Washington DC Area Film Critics Association

Andrew Garfiel won

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.