Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 7)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Chitanda170
Dorsey
kamila
  • Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

He’s really going to act like nothing happened https://mobile.twitter.com/20thcentury/status/1465475287378972674

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Lol. The hype is already dying for Will Smith and King Richard.

And if the overdue narrative really mattered, it would have happened by now for Glenn Close. Will Smith is going to be one of those acts that you hype up to win the trophy but probably won’t end up in the top three in the final voting process. King Richard is not a box office hit, nor is it this huge critics favorite either.

If Will Smith Oscar buzz dying the other best Actor contenders buzz must have died and had the funeral lol.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

He’s really going to act like nothing happened https://mobile.twitter.com/20thcentury/status/1465475287378972674

Did this woman go to the police or just post on Twitter?

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

If Will Smith Oscar buzz dying the other best Actor contenders buzz must have died and had the funeral lol.

We’ll see when Benedict Cumberbatch dominates the critics choices and Will Smith won’t.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

Alphabetical

Best Actor
    – Bradley Cooper
    – Benedict Cumberbatch
    – Leonardo DiCaprio
    – Andrew Garfield
    – Will Smith

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

Wishcasting.

Hype for Will Smith is still here but I think King Richard is just a mediocre movie that has no place in the best picture lineup imo

Profile picture
    Orestes
    Topics:

We’ll see when Benedict Cumberbatch dominates the critics choices and Will Smith won’t.

I’m actually not at all confident that Cumberbatch will dominate the critics awards. Trifecta especially I expect will go more left field (Rex, Collins Jr., maybe Isaac or Phoenix). Cumberbatch might win a slight majority of the smaller regionals and he’ll almost certainly outperform Smith there but that doesn’t necessarily mean one thing or another when it comes to industry awards.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    skyes
    Topics:

Satellite Award Nominations

Actor in a Motion Picture Drama
    Benedict Cumberbatch, The Power of the Dog
    Clifton Collins Jr., Jockey
    Denzel Washington, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    Joaquin Phoenix, C’mon C’mon
    Tom Skerritt, East of Mountains
    Will Smith, King Richard

Actor in Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical
    Andrew Garfield, tick, tick… Boom!
    Anthony Ramos, In the Heights
    Peter Dinklage, Cyrano

FYC, in all eligible categories:
    The Lost Daughter
    Passing
    The Power of the Dog

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Not saying it’s likely, but just hear me out here please. My question is for the ones who think Will Smith is the frontrunner. If King Richard doesn’t make it into BP, do you still think Will Smith is undeniable?
    King Richard is simply NOT performing like anyone thought it would, even for a pandemic. We saw the abysmal numbers for the box office, but HBO didn’t come forward announcing how many people viewed it. It makes me think overall that people didn’t show up for this, even at home. If this even had a remotely strong at home viewership, don’t you think HBO would have announced it?
    Anyways, my point is that IF this doesn’t make it in the top 10, Smith can likely miss here given other actors that are in BP nominated films.
    edit: I need to clarify, miss for the Win. I ofc think he’s getting nominated for KR. I’m strictly asking if you guys still think he wins without his movie making it in?

You are right that Smith won’t win if King Richard is not a BP movie… but I am pretty sure King Richard will be nominated for BP. Just not in the top 5.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

You are right that Smith won’t win if King Richard is not a BP movie… but I am pretty sure King Richard will be nominated for BP. Just not in the top 5.

This. It will miss Director. Campion isn’t moving, WB will prioritize Villeneuve for his work is showier and more likely to get him in (Director’s branch respects epic tech marvels which Dune is), Spielberg is on the rise, Del Toro and McKay have promising screening chatter, Branagh is still holding on, some foreigner (Almodovar, other) could crash the party at the last minute, etc.

But since we are in Actor, careful people who predict Cumberbatch (not moving), Garfield and Leo. Three Netflix Boys, in a stacked category with many studios who are great at getting their champs nominated, doesn’t feel right. Someone (not Cumby) won’t make the cut. Take your pick. Andrew or Leo.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Smith

2. Cumberbatch

3. DiCaprio

4. Washington

5. Garfield/Dinklage

Profile picture
    Derp Boy
    Topics:

Personally I think Andrew Garfield is poised for this. Granted his movie will obviously not get in BP, but I think with the combined social media buzz for Spider-Man: NWH and more acclaim for Tick Tick… Boom! that can coast to him winning.

"We will always have Paris"

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Right now, these 3 are looking good:

Benedict Cumberbatch, The Power of the Dog
    Will Smith, King Richard
    Andrew Garfield, tick, tick… Boom!

I think a lot of the rest of the contenders need to have their films released first and get audience reactions.

Though heavily predicted, there is a good chance that people won’t go for The Tragedy of Macbeth (too arthouse/too Shakespeare) or Cyrano (musical fatigue). Don’t Look Up might be too preachy for audiences as well, but the star power is huge, so we’ll see.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.