Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 9)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 513 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Donda
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    rodben2000
    Topics:

No, not true. I always give my honest opinions in my reviews. I honestly believe his is the least successful performance in this film. I am predicting him to be nominated for the Oscar but he isn’t winning – Cumberbatch or Smith will win the Oscar. I have no fear of him becoming a factor, I simply would prefer other actors to be nominated. Simon Rex delivers a performance that ought to be in contention for one of those five slots.

I know i’m late to the party, but I just have to say that I understand what the other user said about you. It’s not the first time that I have the feeling that you go to some movies with a formed opinion already. Before watching King Richard you were always saying that Will Smith is a weak actor and you refered to that Denzel was never an actor you enjoyed very much. I’m not criticizing you for not liking a performance of an actor or even the actor himself. I mean, we all have our favourites and it would be very boring if they were all the same. For example I’m not the biggest fan of Dicaprio and I think he is a bit overrated but despite that, everytime i go to see a movie of him I go with an open mind and I only judge the performance of the actor wheter or not he is one of my favourite or least favourite actors.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Comparatively, Benedict Cumberbatch is an Emmy winner.

And a previous Academy Award nominee. Something Ejiofor was not when he was in contention for 12 Years a Slave.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

No? I’m predicting Will to win the GG but Cumberbatch for the Oscar. One doesn’t have to correlate with the other.

A Bafta winner doesn’t matter how strong their film is, as it has been demonstrated with Ejiofor, Rush, HBC etc, is never going to beat someone who has American support. KR getting a BP nom will mean that Smith has all the support he needs to resist British bloc.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

A Bafta winner doesn’t matter how strong their film is, as it has been demonstrated with Ejiofor, Rush, HBC etc, is never going to beat someone who has American support. KR getting a BP nom will mean that Smith has all the support he needs to resist British bloc.

Yes, because that worked out so well for Clooney and Keaton

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

Yes, because that worked out so well for Clooney and Keaton

??? Literally  what? Both Dujardin and Redmayne had GG+SAG+Bafta. How you lose with that lol, you really thought you did something ?

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

All lost to people who had either bigger performances or did well critically speaking. KR isn’t that big of a BP contender and Smith is flopping hard with critics.

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

All lost to people who had either bigger performances or did well critically speaking. KR isn’t that big of a BP contender and Smith is flopping hard with critics.

All lost to the GG+SAG winner that was in a BP nominated film which Will Smith will be when all is said and done hihi

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

All lost to the GG+SAG winner that was in a BP nominated film which Will Smith will be when all is said and done hihi

I think he’s winning the GG but the overcondidence of some of you is something.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

??? Literally what? Both Dujardin and Redmayne had GG+SAG+Bafta. How you lose with that lol, you really thought you did something ?

I’m curious of what “American support” means to you then. KR being nominated for BP isn’t enough on its own. One of the reasons Will’s case is weakening is because he doesn’t have command over GG/SAG/BAFTA (and most likely won’t be nominated for the last one).

If Will had American support he’d have more critic wins or at least runner-ups. Keaton and Clooney at least had that.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

This critic argument again?? Carey slayed with critic awards last year. They are not the end all be all in races.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

This critic argument again?? Chad slayed with critic awards last year. They are not the end all be all in races.

I thought Hopkins did better in critic awards?

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

I thought Hopkins did better in critic awards?

Edited my post.

Profile picture
    film123
    Topics:

Will Smith may be winning if this was the 2000’s, but nobody cares about Smith as they did in the 2000’s. Cumberbatch is in a Best Picture frontrunner and is one of the most respected British actors of his generation. He’s spayed with film, television, and theatre in the past decade. Why do you think critics have been rewarding him so much? Everyone has been waiting for Cumberbatch’s film award breakthrough. This is his time and if you think AMPAS won’t go for him now then you have a rough storm coming.

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

I’m curious of what “American support” means to you then. KR being nominated for BP isn’t enough on its own. One of the reasons Will’s case is weakening is because he doesn’t have command over GG/SAG/BAFTA (and most likely won’t be nominated for the last one). If Will had American support he’d have more critic wins or at least runner-ups. Keaton and Clooney at least had that.

Well, KR being nominated coupled with GG and SAG wins for Smith, that is my argument. If Smith doesn’t take both GG and SAG, what’s the point of predicting him? He could miss Bafta as long as he has those, I’ll keep him #1.
    Clooney and Keaton both had their films nominated for BP, but they lost SAG (US based) to non Americans.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

This critic argument again?? Carrie slayed with critic awards last year. They are not the end all be all in races.

Carrie?! You mean Carey. And btw, Frances also did extremely well. Both of them were literally flip flopping with critics. You need a better argument.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.