Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 514 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
fefface
kaziz
Diamond Tier
  • Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Will Smith has entered the chat

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

That’s true. GoldDerby & Film Twitter users will try to find the fault in any movie to discredit its chances at awards potential. For example, the supposed “controversy” with Nomadland that literally went no where.

What supposed “controversy” was with Nomadland? Joker is a better example, the mainstream media went crazy with this movie.

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

The Smith movie’s trailer is an absolute bore (the fact that there’s even a movie on him is even more mind boggling and not the sisters themselves is very ??????) and he doesn’t look that good either. But I don’t expect him to go beyond CC and maybe SAG (never did). Looks like every other sports biopic.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Again, Smith’s awards potential won’t be effected. Try again.

Maybe try to spell “affected” correctly again.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Hmm the pressed and the delete over my severe spillage. Smith stans will make it a lovely season I see.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Will Smith doesn’t look baity in the trailer and the film looks as generic as you can get. Saying he’s winning is y’all just being bored.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Maybe you should try to spell “affected” correctly again.

Maybe you should try to Google what “bitter betty” is you ignorant f*ck. Lol “Betty boo or whatever that means” 😂 dummy

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Will Smith doesn’t look baity in the trailer and the film looks as generic as you can get. Saying he’s winning is y’all just being bored.

Literally no one said Will Smith was winning. Look at you coming up with your own narrative.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

What supposed “controversy” was with Nomadland?

Something to do with Amazon. Vanity Fair even wrote an article. The “controversy” went no where. Users like wolfali just try to find the faults in anything so their favorite films & performances can somehow come out on top lol loser.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Literally no one said Will Smith was winning. Look at you coming up with your own narrative.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Precisely.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Will Smith is not happening. The film will be panned as generic film making. Also centering black women’s success around their dad who pushed them to extremes will not go down well with critics.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I’m feeling a Cumberbatch win. that role is ungodly meaty and showy. He can give even 65% of what DDL did in TWBB and so long as he’s just outstanding, he can run away with the award. BAFTA jury might be an issue, but he could just be that good who knows

I’m on the same page. I was leaning towards Bradley Cooper at first but Nightmare Alley is giving me more of a directing thing rather than acting. I’ll probably be going back and forth, idk. 💀

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Will Smith is not happening. The film will be panned as generic film making. Also centering black women’s success around their dad who pushed them to extremes will not go down well with critics.

How is the arc of a parent pushing their child into the limelight any different than “Gypsy” or “I, Tonya”? We’ve seen this type of story told a million times.

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

Will Smith is a star, he is thirsty and he’s playing a real-life figure. He’s got an autobiography, this movie and a Netflix variety special coming out this fall. He’s probably his studio’s main Actor push. And he is beloved. I don’t see any reason to doubt him at this early stage.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.