Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 514 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
fefface
kaziz
Diamond Tier
  • Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I don’t see any reason to doubt him at this early stage.

Users like wolfali, Babygirl, etc. are just contrarians when it comes to actors & projects they don’t like. Had it been a similar film starring someone they “stan”, it’d be a different story. Will Smith is a factor whether they like it or not.

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

How is the arc of a parent pushing their child into the limelight any different than “Gypsy” or “I, Tonya”? We’ve seen this type of story told a million times.

Because in I, Tonya, it was made clear that the mother was the villain, while Richard here is being prepped as the prime influencer of their success while being father of the year, when everyone knows him as otherwise. I think that’s the problem the user is talking about.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Will Smith is a star, he is thirsty and he’s playing a real-life figure. He’s got an autobiography, this movie and a Netflix variety special coming out this fall. He’s probably his studio’s main Actor push. And he is beloved. I don’t see any reason to doubt him at this early stage.

Agree, even if the movie ends up being bland or generic, it just needs to be decent enough for him to get a nomination and win.

He has the narrative (beloved movie star for decades) and he will campaign extremely hard (Netflix special and autobiography).

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Because in I, Tonya, it was made clear that the mother was the villain, while Richard here is being prepped as the prime influencer of their success while being father of the year, when everyone knows him as otherwise. I think that’s the problem the user is talking about.

You & that user have seen the entire movie ?! Maybe the marketing will be different from the actual film. To completely disregard 2x Oscar nominee & bonafide movie star Will Smith just because you personally aren’t a fan of him or the project is contrarian & biased.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

You & that user have seen the entire movie ?! Maybe the marketing will be different from the actual film. To completely disregard 2x Oscar nominee & bonafide movie star Will Smith just because you personally aren’t a fan of him or the project is contrarian & biased.

The trailer made it fairly clear the angle that the movie was going to be, including his big “Oscar clip” where he talked about wanting the best for his two daughters as if he was some underrated father. And babe his two Oscar noms were from the mid 2000s. Might as well say Sandra Bullock is an Oscar fave for her one win in the 2000s as well. And at this point, his films aren’t hits because of him anymore (his biggest being Aladdin and well, he was panned for that). Box office is not going to be that strong for this movie and neither will his pull be. I don’t even care about Will like that, to hate or dislike him, but there’s not much going for him other than: he used to be some box office star in the 2000s and it’s a sports biopic (which aren’t even liked by the Oscars).

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Jane Campion hasn’t been a factor since the 90’s yet people are predicting her to win Best Director. See how things work around here? Films & performances are only contenders when certain users “stan” them.

Will Smith is & will forever be an A-lister & a twice Oscar nominated actor. No one can ever take that away from him. You, dear, have NOT seen King Richard in its entirety to know what angle the actual narrative will take. The marketing of a 2 minute trailer is NOT the same as sitting through a 2 hour movie.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Will Smith do a good movie challenge

Kristen Stewart give a good performance challenge.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Will Smith is a star, he is thirsty and he’s playing a real-life figure. He’s got an autobiography, this movie and a Netflix variety special coming out this fall. He’s probably his studio’s main Actor push. And he is beloved. I don’t see any reason to doubt him at this early stage.

So basically this is another Concussion with Will Smith campaigning even more heavily?

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Jane Campion hasn’t been a factor since the 90’s yet people are predicting her to win Best Director. See how things work around here? Films & performances are only contenders when certain users “stan” them.

Will Smith is & will forever be an A-lister & a twice Oscar nominated actor. No one can ever take that away from him. You, dear, have NOT seen King Richard in its entirety to know what angle the actual narrative will take. The marketing of a 2 minute trailer is NOT the same as sitting through a 2 hour movie.

Hmm interesting.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

let’s stop falling for the bait. long before…certain people were stanning Will Smith in the strangest way possible they were hating on everyone and everything to do with Kristen Stewart or TPOTD or the semantics of the word “overdue”…basically anything tbh, they don’t need a reason. Just ignore them, and this forum will be so much better lol

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Yeah I’m not liking the look of King Richard but there are people who claim they’ve seen it and Smith is fantastic. So maybe it’s just a bad trailer.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.