Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 514 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
fefface
kaziz
Music Forever
  • Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

There’s always a first time nominee in this category, so I’m risking Michael B. Jordan for now. But I think Peter Dinklage, Cooper Hoffman and Simon Rex also have their chances.

1. Denzel Washington – The Tragedy of MacBeth

2. Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power of the Dog

3. Bradley Cooper – Nightmare Alley

4. Joaquin Phoenix – C’mon C’mon

5. Michael B. Jordan – Journal For Jordan

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Depending on how big of a contender The Hand of God turns out to be, I could see Toni Servillo pulling a Banderas.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Depending on how big of a contender The Hand of God turns out to be, I could see Toni Servillo pulling a Banderas.

Heavy agree. I think The Hand of God might actually be one of the Netflix films to make BP as well, in which case Servillo has an even better chance. Not to mention I’m prettttttty sure he’s winning Volpi, having 3 films and never having won before.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

Based on the synopsis, I’m pretty sure Servillo is supporting in THOG. I could definitely see him getting in though

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Someone already mentioned this, but I can’t help but feel Driver might not get in for HoG like how De Niro didn’t get nominated for The Irishman.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Based on the synopsis, I’m pretty sure Servillo is supporting in THOG. I could definitely see him getting in though

Where’s the synopsis? All I know is that Barbera said it was about Sorrentino’s parents and their ultimate deaths. My guess is Servillo plays the father?

FYC:

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Benedict Cumberbatch, The Power of the Dog
    Denzel Washington, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    Michael B. Jordan, A Journal for Jordan
    Adam Driver, Annette
    Andrew Garfield, tick, tick…Boom!

FYC:

Profile picture
    Lsmdn8
    Topics:

Adam Driver is a chameleon! He’s going to kill it. That first trailer was pure marketing (Gaga)

1 Bradley Cooper – Nightmare Alley

2 Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power of the Dog

3 Adam Driver – Gucci or Annette

4 Will Smith – King Richard

5 Denzel Washington – The Tragedy of MacBeth

Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

Where’s the synopsis? All I know is that Barbera said it was about Sorrentino’s parents and their ultimate deaths. My guess is Servillo plays the father?

The official synopsis can be found on the Netflix Queue website:

Paolo Sorrentino invites you home, to the home he remembers from his youth in Naples in the 1980s. In his upcoming film, È stata la mano di Dio (The Hand of God), the writer-director makes familiar to viewers a world they might not know, crafting a story of loss and of finding that is both distinct to its characters and wholly universal. At the film’s core is 17-year-old Fabietto Schisa and his spirited Neapolitan family. Fabietto roams the city looking for young romance, friendship, happiness, and himself. Tragic loss throws him into the trenches of grief, and he must reckon with the fact that his own life might have been taken if it weren’t for the football legend Diego Maradona.

By the sounds of this, the 17 year old (played by Filippo Scotti) is the lead and everyone else is supporting.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Someone already mentioned this, but I can’t help but feel Driver might not get in for HoG like how De Niro didn’t get nominated for The Irishman.

I’m not sure why people have suddenly decided Driver is this year’s deNiro but that trailer revealed basically zero of his character’s arc. I’m withholding judgement on his chances until we see more than two lines.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I’m not sure why people have suddenly decided Driver is this year’s deNiro but that trailer revealed basically zero of his character’s arc. I’m withholding judgement on his chances until we see more than two lines.

I admit I was a bit surprised that he only says a couple of lines in the trailer but on rewatch he’s in the vast majority of the shots, so it’s clear he will be a big presence in the film itself.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Annette will be released  on August 6 (next Friday). Does that mean more reviews will be published as more journalists will have seen it? (especially US critics).

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Annette will be released on August 6 (next Friday). Does that mean more reviews will be published as more journalists will have seen it? (especially US critics).

It is already screening for critics. Initial social media reactions have been popping up for a couple of weeks.

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darling, Servillo isn’t close in being as famous as Banderas is.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

The Green Knight isn’t the most accessible film. But Dev Patel is absolutely sensational. An Oscar nod will probably never happen but hopefully he picks up traction at some critics awards.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.