Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 514 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
fefface
kaziz
Diamond Tier
  • Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Unless they changed it from the play, Yeun’s role is not a big deal and he is Supporting.

Oh that’s interesting, thank you! I don’t know why I just assumed he was the bigger part.

So I guess it’s a Mass-type situation where everyone goes Supporting?

Profile picture
    Lsmdn8
    Topics:

Omg…

Please just GO and READ the Gucci book, okay? Because.. stop embarrassing yourself!! Bye

Profile picture
    elenaeffe
    Topics:

1. Benedict Cumberbatch (The Power of the dog)
    2. Will Smith (King Richard)
    3. Adam Driver (even if he’s better in Annette he’ll be nominated for Gucci where he’s definitely lead, the movie is about him, his family and relationship with Patrizia, even if Gaga narrates it doesn’t change anything and whoever has read the book knows it)
    4. Leonardo Di Caprio (Don’t look up)
    5. Denzel Washington (if Macbeth doesn’t suck)/Bradley Cooper (Nightmare Alley)

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

A newcomer will obviously get in the Best Actor lineup so you would have to choose which two people from the Cooper-Washington-Smith-DiCaprio-Driver-Cumberbatch core will fall out.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Driver Stans…  

Literally nobody in here feels like a stan they are just in favor of thinking Driver is a strong possibility for the time being.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

A newcomer will obviously get in the Best Actor lineup so you would have to choose which two people from the Cooper-Washington-Smith-DiCaprio-Driver-Cumberbatch core will fall out.

Agreed. It would be a big stat to break if it is all previous nominees. I’m predicting Michael B. Jordan for now. I don’t get the skepticism for A Journal for Jordan, we just don’t know much yet. The essay it’s based on is pretty good.

Could also be a foreign acting player, like Toni Servillo (who is kinda like Bardem, Cruz, Huppert, Rampling in that sense, he’s has a long, acclaimed career in Europe). Maybe Oscar Isaac gets reaaaaal lucky for The Card Counter.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Driver Stans…

LOL if this is directed at me, pointing out that someone isn’t a ‘non factor’ in a movie is not stanning.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Agreed. It would be a big stat to break if it is all previous nominees. I’m predicting Michael B. Jordan for now. I don’t get the skepticism for A Journal for Jordan, we just don’t know much yet. The essay it’s based on is pretty good. Could also be a foreign acting player, like Toni Servillo (who is kinda like Bardem, Cruz, Huppert, Rampling in that sense, he’s has a long, acclaimed career in Europe). Maybe Oscar Isaac gets reaaaaal lucky for The Card Counter.

I thought someone posted earlier that based on the synopsis Servillo is Supporting?

And I can only speak for myself re: A Journal for Jordan but it just sounds like it could be super schmaltzy and overly sentimental which really doesn’t appeal in the slightest.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

1. Will Smith (King Richard)

2. Benedict Cumberbatch (The Power of The Dog)

3. Leonardo DiCaprio (Don’t Look Up)

4. Denzel Washington (The Tragedy of Macbeth)

5. Adam Driver (Annette/House of Gucci)

The Best Actor winner tends to be towards a BP nominee film. I don’t buy King Richard, Don’t Look Up as BP nominees. Skeptical of HoG too but could very well happen, and Driver misses for the film, but even if he gets in I don’t think it’s his year to win. So I guess……we’re back to Washington vs. Cumberbatch?

FYC:

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

they are just in favor of thinking Driver is a strong possibility for the time being.

Aka stans.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I thought someone posted earlier that based on the synopsis Servillo is Supporting?

And I can only speak for myself re: A Journal for Jordan but it just sounds like it could be super schmaltzy and overly sentimental which really doesn’t appeal in the slightest.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed mitchellfleming’s post with the synopsis. Yes I guess Servillo is not lead then, sorry

You might be right about A Journal for Jordan. You might not. It’s a heartwarming story, I guess it depends on what Denzel is doing with it. But the truth is……..BIPOC actors but especially Black actors tend to get in for sentimental films as opposed to edgier ones (Boseman, Washington, Ejiofor). Performances like Delroy Lindo’s, Kelvin Harrison Jr get passed over, and Forest Whitaker was…a rarity! Even

That’s just a sad, sad fact about the Academy’s history, though it might change with people like Riz Ahmed and Steven Yeun getting in (both BP nominees tho). They even put Kaluuya and Stanfield in supporting lol. Besides, the performance could still be good. Jordan is a pretty dependable actor.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

The Best Actor winner tends to be towards a BP nominee film. I don’t buy King Richard, Don’t Look Up as BP nominees. Skeptical of HoG too but could very well happen, and Driver misses for the film, but even if he gets in I don’t think it’s his year to win. So I guess……we’re back to Washington vs. Cumberbatch?

Don’t look up is a very obvious bp nominee. It is McKay.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I wanna know why GoldDerby has placed Steven Yeun in Lead for The Humans, he is absolutely not the Lead in that play. The closest person to a lead in that play, unless you consider Jenkins and Houdyshell leads, is Beanie Feldstein. Is this like Minari last year or does Beachum have his head in his ass?

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.